[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Smiths Trivia

Smiths Trivia

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby elko » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:43 pm

Just searching around and came across some Smiths trivia:

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=98830&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>The Smiths And Morrissey</a> - I got 13/15 on this one.

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=29630&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>First Lines Of Smiths Songs</a> - Very easy - 15/15

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=135633&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>Short Sharp Smiths</a> - Fairly hard, only gives snippets of lyrics - 18/20 for me on this one.

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=127237&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>General Smiths Questions</a> - Not all too hard, but Question 11 is either a trick question or the creator of this quiz is very ignorant. 18/20 again on this one.

elko
Last edited by elko on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Mal_Adjusted » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:26 pm

tough in places. many thanks elko.
Mal_Adjusted
Advanced

Postby elko » Sat Jun 26, 2004 4:38 pm

No problem <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Sep 10, 2004 9:32 pm

Ooh, quizzes, so addictive!

12/15 (that one was quite hard!)
15/15
20/20 (I like that one, so many Smiths lyrics quizzes are insanely easy)
19/20 (that Oscillate Wildly question is veeery strange... should we issue a formal complaint? <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->)
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:36 pm

I think I might have to make my own ultra-difficult one <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:22 pm

Ok, here we go, 14/15 (darn first concert date *grumbles*)
15/15 (soooo easy!)
15/20 ouch...
19/20
making 90.75% my average... well, that was fun!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:06 am

I did the first 2 and got 13/15 and 14/15 respectively, the others seemed beyond hard, because I haven't heard all the smiths songs and evidently I don't know much about them...

I wondered is Morrissey really devious, truculent and unreliable....
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:50 pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I have solved the Oscillate Wildly mystery!!</span>

According to 'The Songs That Saved Your Life', Morrissey named Oscillate Wildly after Oscar Wilde. So it is a tribute to him, albeit in name only, because (obviously) there aren't any lyrics.

Go me! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I dunno...
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Oct 03, 2004 7:57 pm

Oh, well I hate to say I already knew that. But I did. I've read STSYL about 20 times, so if it's is there it's in my head. Didn't realise it was such a mystery.
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Mon Oct 04, 2004 5:09 pm

See, I thought you would have already known that, but in the bit above when you were saying how many you got right on the quizzes, you said the question about Oscillate Wildly being a tribute to Oscar Wilde from Morrissey was <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->either a trick question or the creator of this quiz is very ignorant<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--> so I was a bit confused. Did you just not have the book at that point?

I dunno...
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:38 pm

<!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo--> Well sorry. I guess I just plain forgot. Put it down to tiredness.
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:22 pm

Fair enough <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

Random point, but Moz just got mentioned on Jack Dee live at the Apollo, for how pHd students dance at discos...

I dunno...
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:33 pm

Yeah I saw that <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

Ok, here's a quiz I just made on The Smiths (of course). <a href='http://www.coolquiz.com/myquiz/myquiz.asp?quiznum=1293973184' target='_blank'>Link!</a>

Enjoy, let me know if there's any mistakes <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
elko
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:00 pm

Geez Elko, that was hard! <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> I mean, not all of it, but it certainly had its tough points, that coupled with how terrible the internet I have at my school is, it was a rather diffucult venture <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->. Good job!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:50 pm

Well I did try to make it pretty taxing. Could only be bothered to put in 8 questions though.
elko
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Smiths