[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Smiths Trivia

Smiths Trivia

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Still Ill » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:24 pm

Very clever, elko (Strangeways plug)! So was the quiz, though I only saw one question, and was fortunate enough to know it (MIM single). I'm not up on all the singles released! Funny is misspelled, though. Sorry, I'm told I'm a walking dictionary. I'm sure you just missed it!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:29 pm

Yep it was just due to over-quick typing.
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:49 pm

Fweeef, that was actually quite tricky in parts, especially the first few. I was so sure Pretty Girls wasn't a b-side... And wasn't The Headmaster Ritual released as a single in Germany or something? Oh well, I still got 50 (not that shoddy) and some 'cool points' apparently! How do I access these elusive cool points?!

Anyhoo, good quiz Elko! <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> Much better than the usual ones like "What song is the lyric 'Panic on the streets of London, Panic on the streets of Birmingham...' from?" <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by girl_afraid on Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:18 pm

I wasn't 100% sure on all questions, but the Troy Tate version of Pretty Girls Make Graves was definately released as a b-side, possibly a CD extra or something on one of the later tracks (Stop Me...?).
elko
Site Admin

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:45 pm

hey hey i LOVEEEEEE puzzles,mazes,quizzes so i think i should revive this thread for newer members
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:23 am

I alway thought it was Oscillate wildly after Oscar Wilde, has anyone read any of his poetry?
Also, what the hell did Robert Smith have against Morrissey?
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:45 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Feb 27 2005, 01:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Feb 27 2005, 01:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I alway thought it was Oscillate wildly after Oscar Wilde, has anyone read any of his poetry?
Also, what the hell did Robert Smith have against Morrissey? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes, I'm more a fan of Wilde's plays though, the wit always seems so effortless. Which it probably was.

I don't know, I guess he just didn't like The Smiths so decided to take it out on Morrissey. It's quite a shame, they're both very clever people and immensely talented musicians, it would have been nice if they were friends, or didn't hate eachother at least.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:52 pm

Last night i was researching about Robert Smith, and heck he bitched about people more than Morrisey did (which somehow seems out of place)!
He was saying in an interview how he hates Michael Hutchence (Inxs's ex-lead singer) and he said "God knows where that leaves Morrissey, and i hate him he is such a foney" and everything.
I like The Cure, i think Robert Smith is a great lead singer and my god he bitch <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Funny in some respects, bad in others
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby WordsAsOldAsSin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:32 pm

i got top marks for the frist lines of smiths and morissey songs!!!! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> yay im proud of moi!
Love is Natural and Real
But not for such as you and I, my love
WordsAsOldAsSin
Supreme

Postby helmoz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:48 am

14/15
15/15
17/20
19/20
and 50 points with 1 chance left on elko's quiz.
i havent done too badly, thank god!

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Chorlton_Ruffian » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jun 22 2004, 02:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jun 22 2004, 02:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Just searching around and came across some Smiths trivia:

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=98830&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>The Smiths And Morrissey</a> - I got 13/15 on this one.

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=29630&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>First Lines Of Smiths Songs</a> - Very easy - 15/15

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=135633&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>Short Sharp Smiths</a> - Fairly hard, only gives snippets of lyrics - 18/20 for me on this one.

<a href='http://www.funtrivia.com/playquiz.cfm?qid=127237&origin=http://www.funtrivia.com/dir/1724.html' target='_blank'>General Smiths Questions</a> - Not all too hard, but Question 11 is either a trick question or the creator of this quiz is very ignorant. 18/20 again on this one.

elko <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
14/15.

15/15.

18/20.

15/20. (Question 11 is stupid!)
Last edited by Chorlton_Ruffian on Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div align="center">Image</div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
Chorlton_Ruffian
Supreme

Postby Grim O'Grady » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:05 pm

Smiths/Moz quiz score 14/15
1st lines score 15/15
short sharp score 14/20
general 15/20

love
Grim (with GU too)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby shoeless child » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:22 am

15/15
15/15
17/20
17/20
shoeless child
Supreme

Previous

Return to The Smiths