I keep mine hidden

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:25 pm

A pretty rare song which I have fallen in love with. But is it really the very last song written by Morrissey/Marr?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:15 am

I believe it is.
I find it rather sweet and uplifting, it's always been strange for me to assume it was the last thing they did together, as I'd expect it to be something more bitter.
And it's not.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:30 pm

I suppose it might not have been the last one they ever wrote, but it's the last original they recorded. It's great- but the quality of it annoys me. Sounds like it was recorded in a shed.

Perhaps on this rumoured(/confirmed?) boxset there'll be a better fidelity version.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Rodchenko » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Perhaps on this rumoured(/confirmed?) boxset there'll be a better fidelity version.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What? My face is glowing with delight. When is this little bundle of joy coming out?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:23 pm

I know as little about it as you. I just heard it was going to happen....
elko
Site Admin

Postby Bref » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:37 pm

I'd love a live DVD, the boxset would be cool as well though
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Return to The Smiths