[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Would you like it if...

Would you like it if...

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Bref » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:55 pm

It would be good for one tour (if I got tickets) but i wouldn't welcome the band reforming completely(new releases etc...). The smiths had youthful energy that may have been lost, they should retain their iconic status and not reform. <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Marcz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:51 am

I'm not sure The Smiths being back together would be a such good thing. I only wish i could have seen them 22 years ago at the Eldorado, in Paris. Anyway, why i think it'd be best if they never reform, it's because it's now about 20 years that their music remains the same. It's written in the stone and i don't think i'd like to have a live update. It's too risky. The sound would probably be different. On the other hand, i'd love that someone at Rough trade would come and say "I opened the vault and i found the lost tapes of a forgotten album !" <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
The Pixies comeback is really poor, probably moved only by greed (considering that they made no new music together so far). <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Next month i'll see Bauhaus and i wonder how it'll be. <!--emo&B)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Marcz
Advanced

Postby robin » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:08 pm

They should just leave it I reckon, I don't think they'd be able to bring back the magic of the 80s, not many bands reform and are actually good...look at how shit New Order are now, they look embarassing and The Cure should have given up in 1990...in my opinion anyway <!--emo&:angry:-->Image<!--endemo-->

<a href='http://www.myspace.com/istillcare' target='_blank'>http://www.myspace.com/istillcare</a>
robin

Postby Mozzerella » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:13 pm

I guess a reunion just for a few gigs would be okay. I definitely would like to see them live! But a full comeback...NO. I don't think they'd ever be as good as they used to.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby convergence » Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Pashernate_Lover+Aug 30 2004, 06:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pashernate_Lover @ Aug 30 2004, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> If I could see the Smiths live I would cry my eyes out, they are so amazing and I was born in 1986, so I really got no chance to see them. I almost got a chance to see Morrissey, but Lollapalooza was cancelled, I cried then, mostly because I had already gotten my ticket and it went under due to poor ticket sales *sigh* oh well, maybe some day. Please reunite for one tour guys, Pleeeeeease! I don't think its working...damn. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
seconded. i was born in 1986 as well and i've only recently got into the smiths. i'm glad my favorite band is at least still making music (radiohead) but it's a shame about my second fav... <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
convergence
Advanced

Postby Rodchenko » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:20 pm

<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:22 pm

I would love to have a new Smiths' album... if you don`t like it, then you will always have the other records in your room. It's just that I do not like those 'one gig reunions'.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Truman Capote+Feb 18 2006, 05:22 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Truman Capote @ Feb 18 2006, 05:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I would love to have a new Smiths' album... if you don`t like it, then you will always have the other records in your room. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think that's the perfect attitude to have about it, really. People get very precious about such things, but the music will still be there, whatever they do.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It's just that I do not like those 'one gig reunions'.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The La's reformed recently, one of my all time favourite bands. They've played a handful of gigs, and now they seem to have faded into nothingness again....mind you, I don't believe that Moz & Marr would ever consider doing that.
elko
Site Admin

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:52 am

Unfortunately I was only born in '87 <!--emo&:doh:-->Image<!--endemo--> But i would love to see them reform for a world tour, and they'd be morally obliged to come to Perth as they skipped it during a previous tour due to Moz being sick, altho he did come back solo in 2002, when i hadnt heard of him, and was too young to go even if i did <!--emo&:angry:-->Image<!--endemo-->

But a new album... there's a chance it would be brilliant, but mainly fear that it wouldnt be up to the others

I've been told by 2 different people that Smashing Pumpkins' (my 2nd fav band!) last album Machina is the best album they did, and the other person said that it will crush me and ruin the pumpkins for me!!! So i've yet to listen <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->

If the Smith's did release a new album, and it was rubbish, it cant erase the old tho

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:12 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-some_dizzy_whore_1804+Feb 20 2006, 05:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (some_dizzy_whore_1804 @ Feb 20 2006, 05:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I've been told by 2 different people that Smashing Pumpkins' (my 2nd fav band!) last album Machina is the best album they did, and the other person said that it will crush me and ruin the pumpkins for me!!! So i've yet to listen <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Machina is a great album... and they will reform now!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:30 am

Rumours were going around last year about the Pumpkins reforming... such as Billy putting an add in a chicago newspaper wanting his band back... haven't heard anything about it since though... apparently Jimmy Chamberlin & James Iha had signed on... but havent heard anything about it since <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby bernie brown » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:29 am

No. If they reformed it could never ever match expectations which would be off the planet. And there would be a riot by all those fans who missed out.

And what point could it serve anyway ? It would partly be our nostalgia but it could never satsify that either.

better to get on with it and enjoy what we have, the awesome legacy.
the only Smiths fan in the village
bernie brown
Advanced

Postby Still Ill » Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:52 am

Morrissey stated in his interview at the SXSW conference yesterday that The Smiths turned down $5 million dollars to reunite for the Coachella Festival this year. Money had nothing to do with it, he stated. Good thing. (But honestly, IF they were to reunite, it would have to be for something far better than a festival in the California desert.) Still, it's nice to hear people are still trying to get them to reunite. Um, I wonder exactly who turned that offer down.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:49 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 17 2006, 08:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 17 2006, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Morrissey stated in his interview at the SXSW conference yesterday that The Smiths turned down $5 million dollars to reunite for the Coachella Festival this year. Money had nothing to do with it, he stated. Good thing. (But honestly, IF they were to reunite, it would have to be for something far better than a festival in the California desert.) Still, it's nice to hear people are still trying to get them to reunite. Um, I wonder exactly who turned that offer down.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Erk, so that's 5 million for, at most, two hours work <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> I need to lie down, the economics have made me light-headed! <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:42 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Mar 17 2006, 08:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Mar 17 2006, 08:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Morrissey stated in his interview at the SXSW conference yesterday that The Smiths turned down $5 million dollars to reunite for the Coachella Festival this year. Money had nothing to do with it, he stated. Good thing. (But honestly, IF they were to reunite, it would have to be for something far better than a festival in the California desert.) Still, it's nice to hear people are still trying to get them to reunite. Um, I wonder exactly who turned that offer down. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
The Coachella line-up is AMAZING, though. The Smiths would just about make it the best festival ever.
elko
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Smiths