Smiths DVD's?

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Liger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:15 am

Hi- <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
I am wanting to buy a smiths dvd but don't really know where to start, has anyone any recommendations on which ones are the best?
I saw one today in the shop but i would rather know which is best before i purchase.
Thanks in advance.
Liger
Regular

Postby Grim O'Grady » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:37 am

the complete picture is the only official dvd, so you haven't got a choice on that one, on the unofficial side, I'd ask the shop to show you some clips of the dvd's before buying, as you won't know the original source of recording (it will obviously have been a video tape conversion). There's some quite good recordings of the hacienda gig from '83, the assembly rooms derby was pro shot as well for the old grey whistle test tv show. I think if you go to the <a href='http://passionsjustlikemine.com/index.htm' target='_blank'>passions</a> website it has the details of such things.

let us know what you get & the quality?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:40 am

i happen to have 2 smith bootleg dvds, the derby 83 and rockplast 84, they are videotape convertions but the quality is great.

if you're interested shoot me a pm and i'll try and sort something out, but half of it may depend if i get some work in soon
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Liger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:59 am

Thanks for replying- i never actually knew there was only one official dvd and just assumed there were more- i did see the complete picture when i was looking in the shops today.

I am certain that if i want one of the other unofficial dvds then i'd have to buy online as stores here don't often have a good range of stock.

Both of you have given me some good ideas of whats available, its always nicer to hear from other people as to what dvd is better and i feel wiser for it, thanks again!
Liger
Regular

Postby clarky » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:04 am

aye, i will recomend you dont rush in and snap up the complete picture straight away though, it only has promo videos for singles and a colection of totp appearances which are all mimed. Still if you want an unoffical dvd i can sort you them out for free, just need some time to get work in
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Return to The Smiths