Smiths Covers

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby Herzeleid » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:18 pm

i dislike Hundred Reasons' version of how soon is now, as well as the version that was picked to be the Charmed theme.
Herzeleid
Regular

Postby rubygirl » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:18 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Herzeleid+Sep 29 2005, 02:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Herzeleid @ Sep 29 2005, 02:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> i dislike Hundred Reasons' version of how soon is now, as well as the version that was picked to be the Charmed theme. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
So do I. They are degrading to this great track <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:18 pm

ive got an album of smiths covers, most of them are lame (theres a whiny emo version of "last night i dreamt..." which is the worst cover on there cos i hate the guy's voice, i think the band is called instruction?) but theres a couple of ok covers on there, theres a cover of "panic" by garrison that i like, its really lively.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:13 pm

I only like Sandie shaw covers.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:59 pm

I like Placebo's version of Bigmouth Strikes again.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Oct 16, 2005 10:08 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 18 2005, 04:55 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 18 2005, 04:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I merged this with a similar topic just to keep it all together.

I cannot stand the Placebo cover, but I guess that's something to do with hating Placebo. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ooooh!! Placebo's great! At least good if not great.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby rEEdy^^ » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:21 pm

Jack the ripper- my chemical romance

and also the killers version of 'why don't you find out for yourself' but that was a morrissey song, not the smiths!!!
rEEdy^^
Supreme

Postby this_charming_girl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:24 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rEEdy^^+Oct 17 2005, 01:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rEEdy^^ @ Oct 17 2005, 01:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Jack the ripper- my chemical romance

and also the killers version of 'why don't you find out for yourself' but that was a morrissey song, not the smiths!!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
please tell me you are joking with the my chemical romance one?! there really should be laws as to which band can cover which bands! eurgh!

also, i may have mentioned this before but cant be bothered to read back, the placebo cover is awful, i cant listen to bigmouth without thinking about it.
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:51 am

ive just discovered a band called black smiths that cover smiths songs in the style of black sabbath, which i thought was cool cos i like sabbath too <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> i liked their combination of "war pigs" and "nowhere fast", but sometimes the combinations dont work that well. theyre like beatallica, but beatallica works better than black smiths.
Last edited by helmoz on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Pashernate_Lover+Sep 28 2005, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pashernate_Lover @ Sep 28 2005, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Has anyone ever heard of the Black Smiths? They are along the same lines as the Beatallica (Beatles mixed with Metallica cover band) only its a band doing Smiths covers in a Black Sabbath style... they are shit, but its hilarious! blacksmiths.ws check it out of you have the guts and time...and are masochistic enough to put your ears through that. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Hehe- this seems strangely familiar to me the whole Black Smiths/Beatallica comparison *giggles*
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby turnonyourbrightlights » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:27 pm

I like Hundred Reasons version of 'How Soon Is Now?'.....
<span style='color:red'>We can go for a walk where it's quiet and dry, </span><span style='color:green'>and talk about precious things.</span>
turnonyourbrightlights

Postby helmoz » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:50 pm

apparently anthrax have covered "london" and its on a film soundtrack. im really curious to hear that now!
Last edited by helmoz on Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:25 pm

I know I said this somewhere else but it really deserves to be here.

TATU's version of How Soon is Now?

Makes me want to be sick! But also laugh hysterically.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:55 am

<!--QuoteBegin-the_queen_is_dead+Nov 20 2005, 03:25 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the_queen_is_dead @ Nov 20 2005, 03:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->TATU's version of How Soon is Now?

Makes me want to be sick! But also laugh hysterically.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
It makes me want them to be sick.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Qvist » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:44 am

Jeff Buckley has done a really great cover of "The boy with a thorn in his side", live, just on his own, with some really nice guitar work. I've no idea what album it's on unfortunately, or indeed if it is officially released at all.

cheers
Qvist
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to The Smiths