Smiths day long woobaloozah!!!

All about The Smiths' music, gigs, stories, anything.

Postby stanyewest » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:15 pm

I'm going to see The Smyths in a day long Smiths convention, (I though woobaloozah might suck you in a bit) on the 29th April. Anyone going to see it ?

If you are
stanyewest@hotmail.co.uk
should be good I'm going with a young lady and I reckon I might enjoy it, <a href="http://www.thesmyths.net/" target="_blank">Smyths</a> if you are interested.

Should be fun like I say I'll put up a picture of me and my lady companion sometime soon so you know what to look out for if you see us, taking train from Winsford, if anyone knows anything about trains in the area or about Liverpool could you tell me nice places to have something to eat and pubs that don't ID, also how close is Cavern to the trainstation, when is the last train back?
most people gaze not into the future or the past;they explore neither truth nor lies. they gaze at the TV.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:34 pm

Hiya! I know about this smyths convention, was planning on going myself as i'm in the area but unfortuantely i'm broke :(

however i can hopefully give you a bit o' help about l'pool, trains in the area:

there are four main station, liverpool central, lime street, james street and moorfields. to get to the cavern the nearest one is probably james street :] some nice places to eat are the ha-ha bar (:P) in the albert docks, the egg cafe (a vegetarian cafe) near bold street (which is just outside of central station), i'm sure if you ask miserableliar he'll also be able to help as i don't eat out much in liverpool.

The cavern from james street is about a 5 minute walk. get out of the station and turn left, follow the road right down until home and bargains is on your right, there's a turning on the left- go down it and into the big glass shopping area 'the cavern walks' and i can't qutie remember exactly how i got there from there, but just ask someone- i remember you had to go through one of the shops there to get to the club.

last train back i'm not sure about, i think it's about 11 or 12. maybe check with matt again for that :]
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby stanyewest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:03 pm

Right from Winsford I am....Getting the 10:30 train to somewhere then walk from that station to another and take the train to Moorfields then go the Cavern, though I am willing to take your advice as well, I will have an hour to kill basically when I get there so don't know what to do.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->unfortuantely i'm broke <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I would go out tonight but I haven't go.......It's only a tenner.

<a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank">Image</a>

Me and my nana ^^^

<a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank">Image</a>

Me and the person who I will be going with^^^

Keep an eye out I'm wearin a white shirt a top and jeans.

Thanks to everybody for the advice and if any Scousers would like to help a Manchester United fan then :D :D :D thankyou a lot still interested in nice bars.
Last edited by stanyewest on Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
most people gaze not into the future or the past;they explore neither truth nor lies. they gaze at the TV.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:55 pm

it may be a tenner but it's a tenner i havent got :P im stretching myself bleedin thin to go to manchester with everyone! but i'll probably be in town so ill look out for ya...and shout STANYE at you and freak you out.

your nan looks a lot more cheeerful than you do. you're lookin a bit grim there aren't you?! :P
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby stanyewest » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:49 pm

I look really cool on the first one and happier on the second one.

Way it should be!

I'm a gorgeous kid so got to get some other poses. B) B) B)

Well now you know what I look like hope someone shouts hiya.

I'm wearing white shirt jean tightish jumper and cig perched cockily out of my mouth most likely, I'll probably be dancing whether or not there is music.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby elko » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:59 pm

stanye west wrote:I'm wearing white shirt jean tightish jumper and cig perched cockily out of my mouth most likely, I'll probably be dancing whether or not there is music.

Haha! Clothes already planned! Genius!
elko
Site Admin

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:04 pm

i'm impressed you have your clothes set out too! i am definitely in liverpool, have just confirmed with my mate so i will look out for ya!
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby stanyewest » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:30 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Haha! Clothes already planned! Genius!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

B) B) B) Well up for it, btw to everyone my hair is a lot longer and worse now. It seems to want to be too big for my head no matter how much I have it cut which gives me a Swedish Mr T. look.
stanyewest
Supreme

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:52 pm

we would have gone but we will be stuck in Whitehaven that day, enjoy the Smyths they are good, make sure you get up on stage with them at the end. Post a review of the convention, it soounds a good do mate.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:22 pm

so... ol' stanye must have been/still be there. goes on till 2am, can't believe it! well, me and emma went down to the cavern at 12 and took pictures of me looking sad by the giant poster. and then some weird touristy men who'd been taking photos of the beatles shop started taking pictures of me which was slightly unnvering, so i changed my pose to more 'shocked' than pretending to cry. still... i'm so annoyed i couldn't go! by the way james, when you get back, i hope you ddn't have too much trouble with the trains cause we got stuck at james street first for 20 minutes, then got stuck at hamilton square for the same time, and ended up having to get my dad to pick us up. i don't know what was going onbut they were utterly shite. hope the line wasn't funny where you were getting it!

THE SMYTHS PLAYED SMITHS SONGS ALL DAY AND I MISSED IT! : (
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:49 pm

for those going: please keep the rest of us in mind. we'd like to be there to see mozzer.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Return to The Smiths