vs robbie

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:27 am

well not vs robbie in the sense that robbie is better than him OBVIOUSLY, but i just saw this video with robbie williams on tv and he LOOKS LIKE MORRISSEY.

arghhhhh but with worse teeth and a smile.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:02 am

believe it or not he models himself on morrissey as a solo artist.....

but then again lets get things straight....you have the fat dancer from take that and the singer from one of the best bands to come out of britain....no contest really
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:42 pm

The scary thing is that record sales of both of them are not that far apart... :o Ack, completely different audience as well: screaming teenager girls versus (sorry if this sounds pretentious) intellect people who want more than just an easy-to-swallow tune. Before saying that latter sounded pretentious, just look at the level of conversations here or at any Smiths convention...

Also, Robbie seems one of those hedonistic rock stars, whereas Moz kept his dignity and mystery. Which partly explains the difference in target audience as well.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:40 pm

clarky wrote:believe it or not he models himself on morrissey as a solo artist.....

but then again lets get things straight....you have the fat dancer from take that and the singer from one of the best bands to come out of britain....no contest really

Both those are Robbie, right?
elko
Site Admin

Postby clarky » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 pm

what? you never heard of morrisseys quick skint into take that elko?
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:19 pm

clarky wrote:what? you never heard of morrisseys quick skint into take that elko?

yeah but he got the sack coz he refused to do their dance apparently.
But when he left he said to Robbie you remind me of Sinatra (unfortunately Rabbie thought he meant Frank).

love

Grim
Last edited by Grim O'Grady on Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:03 am

Robbie Williams is an asshole. :)
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby shoeless child » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:48 am

I have no idea who Robbie Williams is, but judging from these posts, I'm glad to be ignorant.
shoeless child
Supreme

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:42 am

<a href="http://images.morrissey-solo.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=4&pos=9" target="_blank">http://images.morrissey-solo.com/gallery/d...p?album=4&pos=9</a>

They don't look that much alike do they? I'd pick Moz by far...
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:30 pm

Nothing wrong with Robbie Williams as a solo artist, I think calling his tunes "easy-to-swallow" is abit unfair. As a solo artists he's brought out some pretty good singles.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:21 pm

shoeless child wrote:I have no idea who Robbie Williams is, but judging from these posts, I'm glad to be ignorant.

i thought the whole world knew who he was!!
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:51 pm

It's decent POP, but it's still pop. Where's the intelligence in Robbie's songs? I don't hear anything from him that comes close to Morrissey's writings.

As for looks: Moz looks mysterious but classy, Robbie looks just plain sleezy.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:16 pm

the_queen_is_dead wrote:<!--quoteo(post=30294:date=Jun 24 2006, 06:48 AM:name=shoeless child)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shoeless child @ Jun 24 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]30294[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I have no idea who Robbie Williams is, but judging from these posts, I'm glad to be ignorant.

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

ohh read the papers, he cant break america, but he aint bothered, he cant find a lady, yet he cries about....its terrible
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:34 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:It's decent POP, but it's still pop. Where's the intelligence in Robbie's songs? I don't hear anything from him that comes close to Morrissey's writings.

As for looks: Moz looks mysterious but classy, Robbie looks just plain sleezy.

Sleezy? Mysterious?! Hmmmm.
Last edited by Miserable Liar on Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:34 am

clarky wrote:<!--quoteo(post=30317:date=Jun 24 2006, 08:21 PM:name=the_queen_is_dead)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_queen_is_dead @ Jun 24 2006, 08:21 PM) [snapback]30317[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=30294:date=Jun 24 2006, 06:48 AM:name=shoeless child)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shoeless child @ Jun 24 2006, 06:48 AM) [snapback]30294[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

ohh read the papers, he cant break america, but he aint bothered, he cant find a lady, yet he cries about....its terrible
:lol: It's so true...

For those who don't know, Robbie Williams was in a boy band, doing all the stuff that entails. He then left the boy band, got fat, hung around with Oasis (until even they got fed up of him), had a couple of hit records, and now appears wherever possible trying to flog his dead career, all the time trying to be deep and say important dramatic things, in an aloof manner that somehow gets passed off as 'charisma'.

I would say he's the poor man's Morrissey, but it would be an insult to paupers of the world.
Last edited by elko on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Next

Return to Morrissey