'Your Arsenal'

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby chrisarclark » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:23 pm

let us know...
"I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
chrisarclark
Advanced

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:23 am

Tomorrow is the song that made me fall in love with Morrissey, so it will always be a favorite of mine...and I love the music video too! How can something so uneventful be so interesting? It must be magic! Or the sexiness factor...hehe <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:10 pm

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side. YAY FOR ROCK MOZ! This one was really tough though, I actually love The National Front Disco, despite all the (totally undeserved) racist accusations. The lyrics are beautiful ("The wind's blown all of my dreams away" etc) and Morrissey is saying he doesn't understand why this guy has gone to join the National Front... HOW IS THAT RACIST?!!! <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby patrick » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:23 am

The National Front disco. Was always a suberb choice in the live set.
patrick

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:16 pm

national front disco

even though im mixed race - i never found the national front disco offensive....neither asian rut...i thin the ost questionable song has to be 'bengali in platforms'
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby chrisarclark » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:36 pm

"We'll Let You Know"

this was one of the most difficult ones to narrow down a favourite because ilov so many of the songs on this album so much. in the end it came down to deciding between the two most haunting tracks on an otherwise rocking album, "We'll Let You Know" and "Seasick, Yet Still Docked". again, "Seasick, Yet Still Docked" has a very personal connection with me as itruly embodied this song for sometime, but ichose "We'll Let You Know" because isimply feel it is sucha brilliant, beautiful and unique idea. to bring such amazing empathy to such brutish, violent, racist characters as these English football hooligans is a spectacular feat. such a chilling song matched only by "Jack The Ripper" in this respect.
Last edited by chrisarclark on Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm just passing through here on my way to somewhere civilized and maybe I'll even arrive, maybe I'll even arrive..."
chrisarclark
Advanced

Postby tallulahtaurus » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:35 pm

A no brainer, <span style='color:purple'>Seasick but Still Docked </span>the most wonderous pathetic self pitying evocation of my every waking hour, Morrissey is a soulmate to me whilst listening to that!! although I found myself agreeing with a previous poster about Tommorow, I like that too, especially the video, Moz looks very furtive and very sexy - it's a simple video but very very well done!!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby fifteen_minutes » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:51 am

I almost clicked 'seasick..' but no it's gotta be 'You're Gonna Need..'.
I love to drive very very fast with this playing very very loud, that's why.
fifteen_minutes

Postby elko » Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:58 pm

You're The One For Me, Fatty is so loveable, and I love it. Quite bizarrely, so does my sister, it's just the fatty bit, y'know.
elko
Site Admin

Postby tallulahtaurus » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:03 pm

listened to it again and realised I am more conflicted than I thought because<span style='color:purple'>You're Gonna Need Someone on your side</span> is indeed bloody marvellous fifteen but I'd still say that <span style='color:purple'>Seasick</span> is my fave!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey