Morrissey is such a diva....

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby elko » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:11 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Glam-rock squad KRISTEENYOUNG have been excused from Morissey's current tour after singer Kristeen Young's slip of the tongue during the two acts' week-long run at Hammerstein Ballroom in New York. According to morrissey-solo.com, audience members were chanting "Morrissey" during their set, to which Young replied, "Morrissey gives good head, I mean, er, cunnilingus..." The female half of the duo was allegedly trying to be provocative and intended the remark as a "metaphorical and overstated" quip, according to a statement released Friday on her MySpace. Young defended herself by explaining, "Actually, one of the two words in question is a scientific term found in junior high health class text books, and the other word, I feel most would agree, is lightweight slang." After being handpicked by Moz and opening for more than 170 shows, the duo has now been replaced by San Antonio rock outfit Girl In A Coma.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tactless for sure, and certainly not funny (to me), but I can't believe Morrissey was so offended by such a harmless quip as to ditch someone he has essentially promoted for years. Surely he understands the value of showmanship and dramatic effect?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:41 pm

Well... Morrissey doesn't give head!
Last edited by Truman Capote on Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:20 pm

I was thinking about this... and who wants to even imagine Morrissey giving head or whatever? Bad joke, woman.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:33 am

Truman Capote wrote:I was thinking about this... and who wants to even imagine Morrissey giving head or whatever? Bad joke, woman.

I don't blame her for finally snapping though, the amount of shit she got opening for him at the gig I saw was horrendous. She made a bad decision, but I can't say it is a surprise, Mozza fans were shitty to her.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:25 pm

I think you'd be surprised how many people would want to be given head by Mozzer :P

I am surprised Morrissey is so shocked by a simple joke. Given his own record of controversial statements, I would expect Moz not to be easily offended. Too bad, I liked Kristeen Young and it was well-deserved she got positive attention from fellow musicians such as Morrissey.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:50 pm

This is the man who less than subtlely referred to being fingered (among other things) on leather passenger seats....shoved on patios, I don't think he would have flinched at the suggestion of a bit of 'ow's yer farfer. However, he was probably aware how controversial it would seem, for better or for worse, and thought it better to be on the safe side by firing her. Perhaps so as not to let her tarnish his sexless image, or faceless sexuality anyway; he didn't want people to suspect anything. Still, I would have thought he'd be in favour of someone accusing him of Heterosexuality for a change...must have been very refreshing. Perhaps he just objects to other people alluding to his sexuality, only HE is allowed to do that thankyou very much! It was clearly just...obstreperousness (orsomethinorsomethin) on her part. I don't get it. Maybe he was looking for an excuse to dispense with her, maybe he was trying to raise her profile. All it proves is his wierdweirdwired unpredictability and his talent for excommunicating folks. Put her in the box with sandy, vinny riley, nancy, pete burns.

Poor Kristeen though, she posted a statement on her myspace page professing her eternal love for him a day or two after. I like her a bit, I saw her three times and was always impressed by her voice and general stage presence. She wore a chain of plastic beer rings. Her song 'Life's not short it's soooo long' is really quite good, she sings what might be described as 'properly' on it. I enjoyed the first few songs of her set on each occasion, after this it wore a bit thin...everything in moderation. She is also a feminist, wahey! (I usually hate them, too) Oh yeah! AND how come Moz let her sit on his shoulders but was so adverse to the idea of his head facing...the other way? Hmm, that sounds like an essay question to me.

Oh no, look, I've rambled. Write to me and complain, by all means.
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Return to Morrissey