This Charming Iran?

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby elko » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:54 am

<a href="http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/33486" target="_blank">http://www.nme.com/news/morrissey/33486</a>

In some ways this shouldn't be that suprising, but I've never heard of Morrissey having much of a fanbase in this part of the world?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Profanity » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:43 pm

I have never heard of him having a fanbase there myself. It would be cool if he did manage to play there. Perhaps we'll see that The Clash aren't the only ones who can "rock the casbah".
Last edited by Profanity on Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
- Oscar Wilde
Profanity
Regular

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:11 pm

Moz, if you really are going to play in Iran, couldn't you come to little Uruguay?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:36 pm

Touring Lebanon, Turkey and Israel isn't that uncommon, and even Dubai is becoming a popular concert hub. Iran however? I cannot see it happening, the government usually bans concerts or only allows the christian minority to attend the few concerts that are allowed. But it is nice that he wants to tour the Middle East. And surely he has a fanbase there, maybe not a very large one but still a fanbase. Countries like Turkey, Lebanon and Israel are exposed to foreign music all the time and a lot of big artists have performed there.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:24 am

i think that is awesome. even if the gov't tries to influence the set-list (which would not shock me), i think he should give it everything he's got to play there. whatever fan base he has will surely increase.

you know, i wonder to myself frequently these days: "what if, instead of 'Iran' or 'Iraq' we said 'Mesopotamia'?"
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey