Moz Literature

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Moz Literature

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:56 am

Read any books on the Mozza? Were they any good? Terribly bad? Post reviews here!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Re: Moz Literature

Postby Truman Capote » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:04 pm

I want this one, it's an in-depth study of Morrissey's musical work with the Smiths up through 2006 and "Ringleader of the Tormentors". But I don't think I will ever get this book, since amazon rips me off with their shipping costs: 20 dollars to Uruguay! And it's impossible to foind this book here.

Anyway... doesn't it sound interesting?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lorimoz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:30 pm

Truman Capote wrote:I want this one, it's an in-depth study of Morrissey's musical work with the Smiths up through 2006 and "Ringleader of the Tormentors". But I don't think I will ever get this book, since amazon rips me off with their shipping costs: 20 dollars to Uruguay! And it's impossible to foind this book here.

I shall keep my eyes peeled for a cheap-ish copy in the sale. You can pay me the PP only :mrgreen:
or send me something unusual for the Moz-eum in exchange

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:57 am

I just read Saint Morrissey, that was pretty cool- very self indulgent, but cool.

I also just got Morrissey: Scandal and Passion- I am not sure how good that one is going to be but I am more than willing to find out :-P

That does sound like a cool book, Tru- I'll keep an eye out for it too.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:38 am

Truman Capote wrote:Image
I want this one, it's an in-depth study of Morrissey's musical work with the Smiths up through 2006 and "Ringleader of the Tormentors". But I don't think I will ever get this book, since amazon rips me off with their shipping costs: 20 dollars to Uruguay! And it's impossible to foind this book here.

I have it, but I haven't read it. I just got done reading a book about on Rough Trade I luckily stumbled upon. Great book! It had a good chapter on the Smiths, of course, as it really changed the label's direction, but now I have some perspective on RT's side of the story where the Smiths are concerned. Wrong thread, I know.

Speaking about books hard to get a hold of. There was a file posted on m-solo a while back that basically contained the entire scanned book of Jo Slee's 'Peepholism'. All 168 some-odd pages of it. If anyone's interested....

I have yet to finish Saint Morrissey, Pashy. Just somehow lost interest half-way. I'll go back to it one day, I"m sure!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:45 am

Still Ill wrote:

I have it, but I haven't read it. I just got done reading a book about on Rough Trade I luckily stumbled upon. Great book! It had a good chapter on the Smiths, of course, as it really changed the label's direction, but now I have some perspective on RT's side of the story where the Smiths are concerned. Wrong thread, I know.

Speaking about books hard to get a hold of. There was a file posted on m-solo a while back that basically contained the entire scanned book of Jo Slee's 'Peepholism'. All 168 some-odd pages of it. If anyone's interested....

I have yet to finish Saint Morrissey, Pashy. Just somehow lost interest half-way. I'll go back to it one day, I"m sure!

I am *sooooo* interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to find that book so many times and pretty well gave up, I figured that once I would stumble into some church rummage sale and find something crazy like a Mozza book, but insofar no- I have never found anything that exciting hanging out with my Grandma :-P
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:29 am

Okay, so I finished Saint Morrissey and Morrissey Scandal and Passion. If it is possible that I can love him even more, I do.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:10 pm

I did order this book from a site called Better World Books (?), yeah I took the risk because the shipping costs were VERY low... Well I never got the book, it got lost in the mail and they gave my money back. :cry:

'...CAUSE WHEN I LIVED IN THE ARSE OF THE WORLD...'
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:45 am

Truman Capote wrote:

I did order this book from a site called Better World Books (?), yeah I took the risk because the shipping costs were VERY low... Well I never got the book, it got lost in the mail and they gave my money back. :cry:

Lame as! I hope you have better luck next time :(
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Pashernate_Lover wrote:
Truman Capote wrote:

Lame as! I hope you have better luck next time :(

Hehe, thank you, I guess it's a little bit funny anyway.
Just in case that you want to try this site: http://www.betterworld.com FREE shipping within the USA. $2.97 shipping worldwide. You'll find some interesting stuff and very good prices, I just wasn't lucky. They won't steal your money, that's fo sho.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey