Petition for Morrissey

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Petition for Morrissey

Postby Lorimoz » Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Have you signed it yet ??
MOZ KREW are having a petition so MORRISSEY should have his own star on the Hollywood
Walk of Fame.
It might not come to anything as, usually, money is involved but it's worth a try.
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/the-moz-petition.html
:wink:

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Re: Petition for Morrissey

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:34 pm

I think that Walk Of Fame is a big farce. Some really good bands don't get starred, while some crappy commercial artists get a star easily. I think it would not be any form of pride to see Morrissey's name on there. That walk of fame should not be taken seriously so I think there are much better ways to get recognition to Morrissey.

Just my two cents of course.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:01 am

Cracked Pleasures wrote:I think that Walk Of Fame is a big farce. Some really good bands don't get starred, while some crappy commercial artists get a star easily. I think it would not be any form of pride to see Morrissey's name on there. That walk of fame should not be taken seriously so I think there are much better ways to get recognition to Morrissey.

Just my two cents of course.

The walk of fame is celebrities in general, not just musicians, like Marilyn Monroe is there and I think John Wayne and some sports stars, some musicians, some cartoons even... you know, just the shiniest stars that most people could identify. It may be full of 'crappy commercial artists' but it also shows a pretty good sign of some artists and individuals that a lot of people really respect like Alan Freed.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:26 am

True, but it does feature some names that should not at all be associated with iconic statutes whatsoever, which sort of makes the whole walk of fame less serious as a set-up. Also, I think it is a bit a vain yet meaningless way of congratulating an artist, there are way better ways to show one's appreciation to an artist. I would not be surprised, knowing how he already passed on ceremonies in the past, that Moz would not even be interested to show up if his name would be revealed at that walk of fame, it'd be typically him to not attend his own ceremony (and in this case, I think he would be right in doing so...).

Well, I am of course all for outing our praise to Morrissey, I don't think this walk of fame is the right way though because I cannot take that thing seriously.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey