New album title revealed....

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

New album title revealed....

Postby Lorimoz » Fri May 30, 2008 12:27 pm

From TTY website:

30 May 2008

Morrissey's new studio album 'Years of Refusal' is now complete, and is set for a September release by Polydor UK (Universal). It has yet to be decided which Universal label will release the album in the US.
'Years of Refusal' has 12 tracks and is produced by Jerry Finn.

Prior to this, Sony-BMG will issue a remastered version of 'Southpaw Grammar' in July. This album, first released in 1995, will include three previously unreleased tracks, and new artwork.

In addition to the Cork Festival on June 26th, Morrissey will play a concert at Kilmainham Hospital in Dublin on June 28th.

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Re: New album title revealed....

Postby Truman Capote » Sat May 31, 2008 8:36 am

I'm excited about this! I like the new songs I've heard and the title is great, very Morrissey. I'm also intrigued about those three unreleased tracks from the SG era, but why new art-work? I like the original art-work for SG, anyway it makes the whole reissue more interesting.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:16 pm

Re-issue, re-package, re-evaluate...

Morrissey should have it tattooed, I think.

"All You Need Is Me" I thought was pretty good, obviously you know what you're getting from the newer Morrissey stuff, but he does deliver it.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:45 pm

elko wrote:"All You Need Is Me" I thought was pretty good, obviously you know what you're getting from the newer Morrissey stuff, but he does deliver it.

Oh yeah, but did you listen to 'My Dearest Love'? I'm obsessed with that song, obsessed! If you don't have it and you want it, just ask me, I received a veeery good quality rip (It was only released on vinyl).
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:58 am

I wish I was more excited about the new album. I feel guilty for saying it, but I've been far more excited about other recent releases, it has me wondering how much of a Morrissey fan I am these days. And I suppose as the release date nears I'll get more and more interested. The latest greatest hits put me off a bit.

On a good note, I'm glad to see Southpaw Grammar being remastered (did it need remastering????) Hopefully it will bring in some new fans who didn't care for the album the first time around!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Still Ill wrote:I wish I was more excited about the new album. I feel guilty for saying it, but I've been far more excited about other recent releases, it has me wondering how much of a Morrissey fan I am these days. And I suppose as the release date nears I'll get more and more interested. The latest greatest hits put me off a bit.

OK, I'll say it again: LISTEN TO 'MY DEAREST LOVE', if you can't find it, just ask me. Believe me, it's a great song. Driving bass, piano, no guitars (there is a guitar at the end), he's singing like God if God was a singer. There are also some bada ba das. I'm in love with this song. (I'm not high now)
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:24 pm

"...There are also some bada ba das." :D
I know, I know, I should reserve judgement. I haven't heard that one, just the couple of new ones that he played on tour. I'll be asking for that one TC if I can't 'find' it. I like your enthusiasm for the album, so there's hope!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:20 am

Lorimoz wrote:From TTY website:

30 May 2008

Morrissey's new studio album 'Years of Refusal' is now complete, and is set for a September release by Polydor UK (Universal). It has yet to be decided which Universal label will release the album in the US.
'Years of Refusal' has 12 tracks and is produced by Jerry Finn.

I ike the 2 songs I have heard so far and so I am sure I will love it...eventually. With the last 2 albums I had to give them a few solid listens to actually like them, now I think they are pretty awesome (though still not as good as Viva Hate)...so once I get over myself and give them a chance I am sure I can join the many people who admit how wonderful he still is today :)
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Nymphetamine » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:24 am

I cannot claim to be excited about the forthcoming Morrissey album. The reasoning for this is the majority of songs I have heard haven't grabbed my attention in the slightest.

I thoroughly enjoyed the song “That’s how people grow up” the message being conveyed within the confines of the song is very sincere and educational to the thousands of lonely hearts who hold Morrissey in high adulation. The guitar playing and effects in use did not comprise of melodramatic and sophisticated composition that has ruined a number of Morrissey's songs.

“All you need is me” is a nonentity to me; I don't like the song, the lyrical content has inconsequential meaning to me, personally. The music is dreary and uninspiring to say the least. “I’m throwing my arms around Paris”, “Something is squeezing my skull” have both been average singles, average in terms of Morrissey's capabilities. If these singles were released by Chris Martin they’d be considered idyllic symphonies composed and constructed by a man with limited talent who really struck gold. However by Morrissey's standards these songs are distinctly average.

Years of Refusal is a good name for an album, but I'm not entirely sure what the context of the album is about. I have just read the song track titles and they sound quintessentially English (fantastic) but they do not inspire me to conclude that these songs will be better than Dagenham Dave and Glamorous Glue, for example.
Nymphetamine
Regular

Postby Lorimoz » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:31 pm

YOR update, from TTY today:

9 August 2008

At the wish of Universal Music, Years of refusal has been put back to a February 2nd release. There is also, at this stage, still no US label for the album since Morrissey withdrew from Decca US after their poor promotion for the Greatest hits release. There are no further live dates planned for the remainder of 2008.
It is understood that Warner Music in London are releasing a Smiths Greatest Hits album in the final quarter of 2008. This release is without Morrissey's approval or involvement.

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Lorimoz wrote:YOR update, from TTY today:

9 August 2008

At the wish of Universal Music, Years of refusal has been put back to a February 2nd release. There is also, at this stage, still no US label for the album since Morrissey withdrew from Decca US after their poor promotion for the Greatest hits release. There are no further live dates planned for the remainder of 2008.
It is understood that Warner Music in London are releasing a Smiths Greatest Hits album in the final quarter of 2008. This release is without Morrissey's approval or involvement.

Awful! Why did they do that, and how can I get me one??
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey