Morrissey - Seattle 11/29/2009 - Review + pics + video!

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Morrissey - Seattle 11/29/2009 - Review + pics + video!

Postby carlj » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:27 am

Hello!

A friend of mine attended this show and despite warnings that no cameras would be allowed, was able to sneak a camera in and take a few pics and record a video of the song "Ask," which is quite good quality. You can find these and her review of the show at her blog here:

http://diarrheaisland.blogspot.com/2009 ... sey-2.html

Hope you enjoy it!
carlj

Re: Morrissey - Seattle 11/29/2009 - Review + pics + video!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:08 pm

Thanks a ton for that! Interesting placename... don't think I would really want to go to diarrhea island, but I guess it is worth visiting for a few minutes for some Mozza :-P ...naw, still sounds creepy.

I am excited, I get to see him in 8 days! Hopefully no bottles to the head though...
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby carlj » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:01 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:Thanks a ton for that! Interesting placename... don't think I would really want to go to diarrhea island, but I guess it is worth visiting for a few minutes for some Mozza :-P ...naw, still sounds creepy.

I am excited, I get to see him in 8 days! Hopefully no bottles to the head though...

I'm sorry that you're creeped out by the name, but I assure you that there is very little diarrhea-related content on her blog. It's used more in a metaphorical sense; the words just pour out of her day after day as if she had eaten a bad curry or something. Endless stream of word blartage.

Anyway, if you managed to overcome your fear and enter the blog I hope you enjoyed the content. :)
carlj

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:12 am

It was lovely actually :) A lot of voice and personality in her writing.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby carlj » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:17 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:It was lovely actually :) A lot of voice and personality in her writing.

My friend appreciates your kind words and says ty! I would like to say ty as well. Thank you! :)
carlj

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:09 am

So I have been sick with a... 12 day and counting flu :(. Boo! BUT I get to see Morrissey tomorrow!! 19 hours until Morrrrrrrrrrissey! I hope nothing stupid happens to stop the concert because I am so excited :) The seats are good ones too, as far as a broke post-grad's standards go.

Cheers to you Carlj and your friend too, I'll wow you with my review once its over :-P pep up my writing a bit to hit the bar, as it were.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 pm

Hope you have a ton of fun despite the flu. Turns out I wouldn't have been able to go, as I'm currently snowed in here. :(
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:30 am

Boxguy wrote:Hope you have a ton of fun despite the flu. Turns out I wouldn't have been able to go, as I'm currently snowed in here. :(

Boo snowed in! It was AMAZING! I was a bit worried at how rocky this tour has been reported to be, but the Gibson runs such a tight ship that not one single person was able to rush the stage... impressive. The opening band was incomparably good and blew every other band I have seen open for him clear out of the water... yes, even Nancy Sinatra. They were called Doll And The Kicks and they were PHENOMENAL. The lead singer was a female Jack Fairy character...also a marionette. It was amazing to watch, the music was suuuuper glam era sounding and they shut all of the bitchy Morrissey fans up and made us all actually give a listen. It helps that they have a great band name design that was projected behind them with neat moving gobos and really saturated colors, look great in purple. I liked them so much I waited through the death mosh at the end to get a CD (while the masses fought over T-shirts) and actually found them and got it signed! Go me! Great CD, I applaud Morrissey on this find.

After Doll And The Kicks went off began the traditional video clip time, where Morrissey shows us a warm up for his brilliance. I was trying to think of the videos as glamorous while they were playing, but I realized that no... although some had their glamour it was something else he was going for, and then it hit me: camp. They were pretty freaking campy video clips. A song about a pet bear and a Tom Jones wannabe? An amazing interview with Lou Reed and a German clip of the New York Dolls? Ending on a bizarre monologue by a woman in front of a sequined curtain that went crazy and screamed as a spotlight focused in on her face? The curtain fell, the band dramatically entered and the deal was sealed for me, it was going to be one campy night.

This Charming Man started and the crowd went wild-- almost lost my voice then and there, but there was so much more to come! The lights were flashy, the band was spot on and Morrissey was so damn charming. The gong solo was also pretty epic. And, of course, as soon as his top came off the crowd went wild. 50 and still gorgeous *melt*. Over all, tons of Smiths songs were played (How Soon Is Now, Cemetry Gates, Death at One's Elbow, others...), a lot of B-Sides were played (Teenage Dad On His Estate, Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice) , he sweetly went to the audience and let them give shout outs and fork over the gifts they had so thoughtfully brought. Great exchange: Fan:-"I want you, I need you, I love you" Morrissey- You'll get over it. Gah, there just aren't words to describe how captivating and spectacular Morrissey is, there really aren't. Best part: Morrissey: "Lamenting policewomen, policemen, silly women, taxmen" the audience screams "Uniformed whores!" Morrissey: "I know!"

Amazing show that, afterward, left thousands of his fans fleeing from the downpour. Even the rain loves Morrissey so much that it came rushing down to meet him.

Long and short of it is: only one thing could have possibly been better than tonight: 1980s Morrissey and 1980s Danzig oiled up and wrestling... and the winner gets to take me to Italy for gelato. Hey, a girl can dream... :-P
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boxguy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:59 am

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.
Boxguy
Site Admin

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:39 am

Boxguy wrote:Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

See? You would have *hated* going with me :-P. What with all of the dancing and screaming and grabbing my sis' arm for emphasis at all of the necessary moments. And the rain... I heard you Kansans don't get any "weather" :-P.
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey