Morrissey Retiring?

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Amuseddaysleeper » Fri Dec 31, 2004 7:48 am

I've been hearing rumors that Morrissey might be retiring! Is this true? With YATQ being his best selling album of his solo career I figured he was just getting started again! <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Amuseddaysleeper

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Fri Dec 31, 2004 9:47 am

I thought they were just rumors... they probably are, because it would make little sense for him to quit now
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Dec 31, 2004 12:31 pm

It would be pretty barve of him - he's been waiting for this comeback for a while, it would be quite foolish to quit. However, if he wants to go out on a high, this could be his last chance.
elko
Site Admin

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:32 pm

No, I think they are just stupid rumours, I don't think he'd work so hard for seven years, come back, have his most commercially successful year EVER just to quit at the end of it, and I also don't think Sanctuary would LET him quit - he brings in too much money! Everyone's also making such a fuss over Morrissey's "cryptic comments" at the end of all his recent gigs and using them as 'evidence' for his retirement, but I just think he likes to string the fans along a bit <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by girl_afraid on Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:25 pm

if he retires, i'll chain myself to his front gate in protest.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby reclamation » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:16 pm

I'd be upset if he was retiring, if only for the fact that I'd never get to see him live. <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> I've already missed my chance to see Coil live due to the untimely death of Jhonn Balance, I don't want to not see Morrissey live at least once in my life.
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:42 pm

Yeah, that's why my philosophy is now "see every band you like that are still around as many times as possible". It's horrible getting into bands/artists that have already split up/died sometimes because you KNOW you'll never hear the songs live as they were originally meant to be played (like Moz playing Smiths songs - it's just not the same as hearing The Smiths play them...). So yeah, if there's a band you like at all, try and see them before it's too late. <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby reclamation » Sat Jan 08, 2005 8:53 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-girl_afraid+Jan 8 2005, 08:42 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (girl_afraid @ Jan 8 2005, 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Yeah, that's why my philosophy is now "see every band you like that are still around as many times as possible". It's horrible getting into bands/artists that have already split up/died sometimes because you KNOW you'll never hear the songs live as they were originally meant to be played (like Moz playing Smiths songs - it's just not the same as hearing The Smiths play them...). So yeah, if there's a band you like at all, try and see them before it's too late. <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Definitely. When I heard Skinny Puppy were playing in the UK my friend & I got tickets straight away even though it was in London, paid sixty quid for train tickets & stayed in possibly *the* most grotty hotel in the whole of the capital, but I'm so glad we did. It's not the same as seeing them in the 80s with Dwayne [RIP] but I'm glad I got to see at least one of my most idolised bands [I swear Ogre sang to me... <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->].
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat May 13, 2006 9:23 pm

I think we've found the answer.... he in fact didn't retire. :P
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"