Brit awards?

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby girl_afraid » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:57 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Noonan McKane+Feb 9 2005, 11:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Noonan McKane @ Feb 9 2005, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Tomorrow?

Aww, love, you're mistaken! They were tonight! Ye've missed the whole show!

Look:

<a href='http://cottagehospitalbulletin.blogspot.com/' target='_blank'>My Webpage</a> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yeah, I know the actual ceremony was last night but they're on TV today <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

Agh, it's been so hard avoiding finding out who won what, it was on the radio this morning and people at college were discussing it, but luckily I managed to remain oblivious to most awards.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Sat Feb 12, 2005 12:18 pm

so what do you all think of the results then! - just one thing the fecking streets as much as i like the music is more a band since he's got all his m8's to do some of the songs that pissed me off.
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby girl_afraid » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:16 pm

I KNOW!!! The Streets are a BAND, they shouldn't even have been in the Best British Male category, let alone have won it! Morrissey was so much more deserving... *sulk*

Overall I thought the results were OK. Most of them I don't really care about, but I'm glad Franz Ferdinand won so many, although PJ Harvey should definitely have won Best British Female instead of Joss Stone, and I actually cannot believe ANGELS got the Best Song of the Last 25 Years - even Robbie Williams would agree that it isn't! I thought Joy Division or Queen should have easily won that, especially since it was supposedly voted for by Radio 2 listeners - you'd think they'd have more taste.. <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby reclamation » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:45 am

O_o the fact that the streets won anything is a joke really.
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:53 am

Yeah the streets are tres silly - my brother keeps saying oh if only I had a casio keyboard and some chav mates I'd be up there too...! too, too silly!!!

what does everyone think about the rumour in the sun about Robbie williams claiming he and Moz were gonna do a Madonna/Britney like kiss at the end of their performance of let me kiss you - god Robbie Williams is a silly tyke... I suspect there's no truth in it!!

Also what do you think about the fact that the brits proclaimed Angels by Robbie williams as the best british single since the brits started in 1977?? I was impressed that lots of Sun readers were outraged - numerous put Smiths songs forward as the best single... <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> if you all go on the sun website you ahould be able to vote in the sun alternative poll for the smiths either this charming man or what diff I think?

Ah One day La Moz will be appreciated like he should be...
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to Morrissey