Isle of Wight

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:16 pm

heh. i'll never see morrissey. i never used to want to but now i do. But even if i had the money i'd never be able to get to the places he's performing.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat May 28, 2005 10:03 pm

So, no Morrissey at Isle of Wight.

Another update, this time from the man himself, seems to indicate he never intended to play the festival. Fair enough. But, why not come out with the statement a lot sooner, before people bought tickets based on the announcement by Santuary that he would play?

Here's the link for anyone interested. Of course you are!
<a href='http://www.morrissey-solo.com/' target='_blank'>M-solo</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat May 28, 2005 10:25 pm

Really?!

That's shocking, I know a lot have people have bought tickets based on that, members of this forum included. The label really shouldn't be making gaffs like that, and if he's out of contract, and as annoyed as he seems, it could cost them dearly.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun May 29, 2005 12:17 am

Awwwwwwwwwwwww poor Girl Afraid

Those wankers, thats well not on!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Sun May 29, 2005 6:32 pm

<!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> im sooo upset!!! i only found out this morning that he's not playing anymore, and im one of those people just going for Moz!! NOO!

oh well atleast i can see him on the new tour, if that really is the reason for not doing IOW! yay! and also roxy music and ray davies so not all bad i guess! still sad though! <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon May 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Where have you heard he's touring? And yes, Roxy Music would still be reason enough to go..,

Speaking of Isle of Wight-
Yesterday we braved the crowds at the beach. This little 7-year-old boy started hanging out with some of the boys. Quite the little charmer, turns out he lives on the Isle of Wight. Ventnor, to be exact. To be more exact, he lives on Pear Street! We were all taken in with his adorable accent, so people were asking him all sorts of questions. He told us how to get to his home from South Hampton or Portsmouth. He's been traveling with his family here in the States for four months. Little kids, they'll tell ya anything! What an interesting coincidence. Seems I can't escape the English. <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue May 31, 2005 12:49 pm

I found that I hated Moz after paying over the top for my tickets to be told via his official statement that he was never going to perform there.......!!!!

what was that about he has no excuse for not making his position known sooner <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue May 31, 2005 4:55 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-tallulahtaurus+May 31 2005, 01:48 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tallulahtaurus @ May 31 2005, 01:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
what was that about he has no excuse for not making his position known sooner <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->

<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
He'd have to live under a rock not to have known it was announced he'd be playing it. He states he has no connection whatsoever to Morrisseymusic.com, I'd visit the site regularly to make sure there was nothing there he didn't approve of. Or one of his he-men. Sanctuary is obviously not doing it.

Another surprise, or not, he's not sticking around with Sanctuary for the 'next' record. He's a hard man to please, as we all know. Obviously there's more to it. But the obvious to us makes no sense.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:12 pm

but this is it I refuse to accept that he didn't realise he had been slotted in to play....otherwise how comes he knows now???

also he refers to Janice Long saying that he wouldn't play...how did she know if Morrissey was unaware....

Gah talking about it again makes me angry again <!--emo&:angry:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:31 pm

grrrr im still really angry about this whole isle of wight fiasco!! and getting travis to replace him, i mean they could have at least got a band that are headlining material, a bit interesting but no they got the dullest band they could find!!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:59 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jun 3 2005, 07:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jun 3 2005, 07:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> grrrr im still really angry about this whole isle of wight fiasco!! and getting travis to replace him, i mean they could have at least got a band that are headlining material, a bit interesting but no they got the dullest band they could find!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Haha, very true!
I can't stand Travis, if I hear "Why does it always rain on me?" one more time, i'll f**kin' rain on him!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:31 am

Didn't know they'd replaced him.
Well for the record, I do like Travis. Not everything, and I tried. But I have 5 or so special songs of theirs I love. That one happens to be one of them. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to Morrissey