Next album?

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:34 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 19 2005, 07:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 19 2005, 07:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> <!--QuoteBegin-MISSERABLE+Jul 19 2005, 08:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MISSERABLE @ Jul 19 2005, 08:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> MTV ARGENTINA - First, Deano joined Good Charlotte and then Boz quit. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Thank you. Bad news but good to know officially. This Charming Girl will be heartbroken <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
<!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> i actually am though!! are we sure this is official, or more rumours?!! ahh tis a sad day indeed!! and i was so happy after getting my new belle and sebastian tshirt too!! <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> hehe!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:49 pm

Well, it`s not that serious, MORRISSEY will be the best even if he is playing with THE MENTALLY ILL !!!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:52 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-MISSERABLE+Jul 20 2005, 03:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MISSERABLE @ Jul 20 2005, 03:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well, it`s not that serious, MORRISSEY will be the best even if he is playing with THE MENTALLY ILL !!! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
as much as i would love to agree, the band are important to! and he's been with Boz since he left the smiths basically and deano is a great drummer. i will be sad to see them go.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:25 pm

You never know, perhaps he's been axed to make way for someone even better, or perhaps, a Smiths reunion!!!!!!

..or not.
elko
Site Admin

Postby this_charming_girl » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:40 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 20 2005, 04:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 20 2005, 04:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> You never know, perhaps he's been axed to make way for someone even better, or perhaps, a Smiths reunion!!!!!!

..or not. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
aaah please do not get my hopes up like that!! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> i may have a fit or something so sssh!!

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:21 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 20 2005, 05:24 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 20 2005, 05:24 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->You never know, perhaps he's been axed to make way for someone even better, or perhaps, a Smiths reunion!!!!!!

..or not.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Please god no, the very thought is turning my hair grey! Seriously... "You can never, never, never go back home again". I went to see the reformed Velvet Underground and spent most of the gig watching through my fingers.

I'm not saying I wouldn't go though <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jul 20 2005, 04:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jul 20 2005, 04:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
as much as i would love to agree, the band are important to! and he's been with Boz since he left the smiths basically and deano is a great drummer. i will be sad to see them go. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I hope you're not in denial dearie! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Seriously, even though I find Morrissey's solo work patchy to say the least, his weakest period was between splitting with Stephen Street and hooking up with Boz and the boys. He went through a few failed collaborations in the meantime. I hope history's not about to repeat itself.

Still, perhaps now we have the truth behind the Isle Of Wight no-show.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:33 pm

A little off topic but Warner is putting out a 6-CD box set of The Smiths next year. Unless Mike Joyce coughs up some rarities, it'll be another re-issue, repackage rehash. But if the box looks nice....
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:30 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jul 20 2005, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jul 20 2005, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> A little off topic but Warner is putting out a 6-CD box set of The Smiths next year. Unless Mike Joyce coughs up some rarities, it'll be another re-issue, repackage rehash. But if the box looks nice.... <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
So assuming there won't be any proper rarities, what do you think we'll get to tempt us to part with our cash? Complete radio sessions? Uncollected b-sides? A big sticker on the front proclaining it's all been digitally remastered? I suppose Mike knows that even if he did want to provide some rare material, Morrissey's lawyers would be beating the door down within seconds.
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:58 pm

First I've heard about this. Usually box-sets have some sort of rarity factor, hopefully they'll be at least a few demoes or something. Mind you, I'll still be buying it anyway.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:06 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 20 2005, 10:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 20 2005, 10:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> First I've heard about this. Usually box-sets have some sort of rarity factor, hopefully they'll be at least a few demoes or something. Mind you, I'll still be buying it anyway. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I want to hear the Amanda Malone recordings! Ooh, is that elitist? <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:23 pm

I'd quite like to hear them too, although if they were apparently so awful, perhaps the takes (I'm assuming it never got to master stage) were chucked out.
elko
Site Admin

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:04 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 20 2005, 08:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 20 2005, 08:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I hope you're not in denial dearie! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Seriously, even though I find Morrissey's solo work patchy to say the least, his weakest period was between splitting with Stephen Street and hooking up with Boz and the boys. He went through a few failed collaborations in the meantime. I hope history's not about to repeat itself.

Still, perhaps now we have the truth behind the Isle Of Wight no-show. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
denial?! moi?!

i just hope he finds some more good people to work with and doesnt start either making shit albums, and hence end his career, or just not make any albums at all! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

well if that is the reason for IOW then fair enough, i just assumed it was Moz being Moz- ie arogant! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->

this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:35 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Domestique+Jul 20 2005, 10:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Domestique @ Jul 20 2005, 10:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--><!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jul 20 2005, 09:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jul 20 2005, 09:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> A little off topic but Warner is putting out a 6-CD box set of The Smiths next year. Unless Mike Joyce coughs up some rarities, it'll be another re-issue, repackage rehash. But if the box looks nice.... <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
So assuming there won't be any proper rarities, what do you think we'll get to tempt us to part with our cash? Complete radio sessions? Uncollected b-sides? A big sticker on the front proclaining it's all been digitally remastered? I suppose Mike knows that even if he did want to provide some rare material, Morrissey's lawyers would be beating the door down within seconds.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I read about the boxed-set on M-Solo. It's why I poke my nose in regularly, just for the headlines. I read an interesting debate on there. What would make us buy this if there's no new material, but digitally re-mastered instead. Someone argued that the CD's were recorded in analog, and that vinyl actually sounds better than those, so to re-master to CD would hence imrove the quality. The argument being, if you own the original CD's, would an improved quality make you go out and buy it all again? I don't have The Smiths on vinyl (don't get me started), but I enjoy the songs on CD just the same. So my wishlist would have to offer more. Yes, all the b-sides, complete sessions and some nice packaging with some wonderful linernotes. I don't have Best of, or Very Best of. I think I'll go explore those see what they actually threw together...
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:48 pm

Alright, the consensus is that having all the music and quality in one place should please all. <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

PreviousNext

Return to Morrissey