MORRISSEY songs that you do not like

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Truman Capote » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:35 am

DIAL-A-CLICHÉ - BILLY BUDD (yes, I know!) - MOONRIVER (The Extended Version) - MALADJUSTED - AMBITIOUS OUTSIDERS - HE CRIED

Well, it was hard, but there you have.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:34 pm

I must admit there are far more Morrissey songs that leave me unmoved than Smiths ones. But as for those I really dislike, Ouija Board..., Dial-A-Cliche and Break Up The Family spring to mind very quickly. Are there more? Oh yes, but I'm being diplomatic (there's a first time for everything <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> ).
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:38 pm

There are probably a lot, but I've not heard that many.

As much as some of YATQ is great, some of it I detest, inparticular the opening track:- awful production, poor lyrics.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:42 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jul 19 2005, 07:38 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jul 19 2005, 07:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There are probably a lot, but I've not heard that many.

As much as some of YATQ is great, some of it I detest, inparticular the opening track:- awful production, poor lyrics.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Ah, get off the fence and say what you really think! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:37 am

Uhmmm, I do like AMERICA IS NOT THE WORLD.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:40 am

<!--QuoteBegin-MISSERABLE+Jul 19 2005, 03:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MISSERABLE @ Jul 19 2005, 03:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->DIAL-A-CLICHÉ - BILLY BUDD (yes, I know!) - MOONRIVER (The Extended Version) - MALADJUSTED - AMBITIOUS OUTSIDERS - HE CRIED

Well, it was hard, but there you have.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Billy Budd!! And if 'you know' how come it's on your list?! Welcome by the way.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:13 pm

Well, yes, I don`t like BILLY BUDD, the "yes, I know!" thing was because I knew that it is a very popular song and that someone would say something about that.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:18 pm

Does anybody else feel that You Are The Quarry would have benefitted from the pruning of a couple of tracks? Capping it at 10 songs would have resulted in a stronger album in my opinion, removing some of the weaker material. I'd have left off two from I'm Not Sorry, Let Me Kiss You and All The Lazy Dykes.
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:06 pm

Yes, I think that`s true, I don`t really "love" LET ME KISS YOU and I`M NOT SORRY.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:07 am

hmm i think that if a couople of tracks like i'm not sorry and maybe america is not the world could have bene left of, ir replaced with some of the far better bside songs, like it's hard to walk tall when you're small or dont make fun of daddy's voice.

how can you not like 'let me kiss you'?!?! <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> its such a cute song! and when Moz was on jols holland ages ago he was soo singing it to Deano! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> ohh how i cried at that song in bmingham! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> hehe!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:09 pm

Let Me Kiss You's a good song. Better than Lazy Dykes, imo. I agree America and I'm Not Sorry could easily have been replaced. About this album, its strong hatred and anger makes you want to cry out 'enough!', so slipping in It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small, would have changed the mood and tone of the album, though it has some biting lyrics once more. Oh, there goes my theory on that one!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:46 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Jul 21 2005, 04:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Jul 21 2005, 04:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Let Me Kiss You's a good song. Better than Lazy Dykes, imo. I agree America and I'm Not Sorry could easily have been replaced. About this album, its strong hatred and anger makes you want to cry out 'enough!', so slipping in It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small, would have changed the mood and tone of the album, though it has some biting lyrics once more. Oh, there goes my theory on that one!<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
We're going off on a very interesting tangent here; b-sides that should have been on the album. I really wish he'd put The Never-Played Symphonies on, at the expense of one of the tracks I've already mentioned. That would've altered the tone too. Very perceptive of you; he does seem to be seizing his chance to settle 7 years of old scores on YATQ.
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 am

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jul 21 2005, 08:06 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jul 21 2005, 08:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> how can you not like 'let me kiss you'?!?! <!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> its such a cute song! and when Moz was on jols holland ages ago he was soo singing it to Deano! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> ohh how i cried at that song in bmingham! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> hehe! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
[QUOTE]

Singing it to Deano????
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:36 am

yeah, he kept turning around and they were looking at each other so meaningfully!!! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> hehehe! i tell you they were in love!

and yes i agree, never played symphonies should have ben on the album too, lovely song!
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:03 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-this_charming_girl+Jul 22 2005, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (this_charming_girl @ Jul 22 2005, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> yeah, he kept turning around and they were looking at each other so meaningfully!!! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> hehehe! i tell you they were in love! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
OK, but was that just your impression or this is a fact?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Morrissey