mozzer's letters on ebay?

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby scavenger » Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:02 pm

i was surfing around on morrissey-solo.com and found a thread about some fan selling her letters from moz on ebay due to a "lack of space". how you cant have space for a few pieces of paper is beyond me. anway, i thought he didnt respond to "fanmail." maybe i should drop him a line! <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->

<a href='http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?read=278326' target='_blank'>http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?read=278326</a>
Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
And people who are weaker than you or I
They take what they want from life
scavenger
Supreme

Postby BigmouthSA » Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:22 pm

He used to reply religiously to fanmail in the 80s, I think, or so he said in interviews anyhow.

I wrote a letter to him about 5 months ago and havent received a reply, I chose to believe that it was the wrong address or it didnt get there or somethinf rather than he didnt want to reply! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo--> Nevermind.
'I dont get along with myself, and Im not too keen on anyone else!'

:D
BigmouthSA
Regular

Postby helmoz » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:43 pm

have you seen that episode of the simpsons where marge sends fanmail to ringo starr and hes got this huge pile of fanmail that hes replying to, and it takes him something like 20 years to get to marge's and reply to it cos hes got so much fan mail! maybe moz is like that, with a house full of fanmail to reply to, so you won't get a reply for about 20 years...
personally i think id rather have my own letter from moz, instead of buying one written to someone else, it would be just a bit weird reading - and owning - a letter that was for someone else. maybe i'll send him a letter and wait 20 years for a reply...
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby scavenger » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:01 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-helmoz+Aug 30 2005, 07:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (helmoz @ Aug 30 2005, 07:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->have you seen that episode of the simpsons where marge sends fanmail to ringo starr and hes got this huge pile of fanmail that hes replying to, and it takes him something like 20 years to get to marge's and reply to it cos hes got so much fan mail! maybe moz is like that, with a house full of fanmail to reply to, so you won't get a reply for about 20 years...
personally i think id rather have my own letter from moz, instead of buying one written to someone else, it would be just a bit weird reading - and owning - a letter that was for someone else. maybe i'll send him a letter and wait 20 years for a reply...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
I’m quite the Simpsons fan myself and I have seen that episode. It’s a funny thought, to think of poor Moz buried under piles of admiring love letters. sweet thing he is, we probably will get our responses in 20 years or so. I actually think its kind of gross this person is selling her letters from Moz, I don’t think he would appreciate his personal correspondence with someone being sold for the public and to make matters worse she’s selling them online! (are we all familiar with the mozzer's repugnance of computers?) I don’t think this chick really gets him at all.
Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
And people who are weaker than you or I
They take what they want from life
scavenger
Supreme

Postby helmoz » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:23 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I actually think its kind of gross this person is selling her letters from Moz, I don’t think he would appreciate his personal correspondence with someone being sold for the public and to make matters worse she’s selling them online! (are we all familiar with the mozzer's repugnance of computers?) I don’t think this chick really gets him at all. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
yeah, its a weird (and possibly very cynical?) thing to do to sell his letters to the public, to strangers who he didnt write the letters to. im sure he wouldnt have wanted it to happen when he was writing them (actually he probably didnt even expect it to happen).
helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey