I was Morrissey's drummer

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:14 pm

I was morrissey's drummer was on radio four last night? did anyone else listen?
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:38 pm

yeah, it's still available to listen to <a href='http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainframe.shtml?http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/morrisseys_drummer' target='_blank'>here</a>

love

Grim
Last edited by Grim O'Grady on Fri Oct 14, 2005 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:09 am

Forgot about it and I was only half-interested only because I'd read the article in the Mojo special magazine. So I listened and I'm glad I did, I found it very interesting. Quite a cast of interviewees, too. I really loved hearing the technical aspects, how they put the songs together. (Being a big Joyce fan, I really wish I knew how he made his contributions with The Smiths.)

Btw, this is a quick lesson for anyone not clued in on some of Morrissey's musical style and direction in the early years.
I did find Andrew's storytelling and stabs at humor a little old after a while, though.

Thanks for the reminder Alabaster and the quick link Grim. <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:09 pm

I thought this programme was really funny, although I agree that Andrew McGibbon's presenting was a bit too deliberately haphazard. It seems hypocritical that David Quantick, who has professed his disdain for Morrissey recently, should take part in this porgramme.

I liked the stories from Hook End Manor, especially Sugg's tale of how he found morrissey tapping his way through the dark with a blind stick! It's this strangeness that makes him all the more endearing I suppose. It did seem to potray him as being very aloof, however, dismissing people at the drop of a hat and trying meals before anyone else started. They shouldn't have pandered to him!
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Return to Morrissey