new york doll ***film***

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Grim O'Grady » Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:30 pm

has anyone seen or heard about this?
<a href='http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=10501' target='_blank'>new york doll</a> film

love

Grim
Last edited by Grim O'Grady on Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:41 pm

Couldn't get the link to work when I tried it, what's it about?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:44 am

sheesh what a bugger, it was working fine before, anyway it's a good website full of details about the film 'New York Doll' about Arthur 'Killer' Kane of the New York Dolls, who sadly passed away last year. There's a link to a filmed trailer & one of the people who blether on about him his our Morrissey. Oh I've just tried the 'refresh' option & it's loaded this time.
so here's a cut n paste of the front page...

New York Doll

Release Date: October 28, 2005 (NY, LA)
Studio: First Independent Pictures
Director: Greg Whiteley
Screenwriter: Greg Whiteley
Starring: Arthur "Killer" Kane, Morrissey, David Johansen, Sylvain Sylvain, Barbara Kane, Iggy Pop, Mick Jones, Sir Bob Geldhof, Chrissie Hynde, Don Letts, Steve Conte, Clem Burke
Genre: Documentary, Rock
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for drug content)
Official Website: FirstIndependentPictures.com
Review: 8.5/10 rating
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: View here
Production Stills: View here
Plot Summary: Arthur dropped the "killer" moniker and spun into alcoholism as his bandmates like Sylvain Sylvain and Davey Johanson (aka Buster Poindexter – the cab driver in "Scrooged" with Bill Murray) earned fame in the record industry and Hollywood. With no direction home, Arthur found his solace with God in the Mormon church and fled New York City. The film looks at Arthur's new fulfilling life as a librarian at a family history center and the reunion concert organized by Morrissey to bring Arthur back to the stage for one last show with his bandmates. This a heartwarming film that will appeal to almost anyone. It's about one man and his dream.

Trailer:
QuickTime, Various

here's the trailer <a href='http://www.onepotatoproductions.com/NewYorkDoll/trailer.html' target='_blank'>link</a> hope that works?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby shoeless child » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:08 am

I saw it a couple of weeks ago and I met the director. It is very good, definitely worth seeing. Morrissey is in it quite a bit.
shoeless child
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:33 pm

I haven't seen it, don't even know if it's playing anywhere here, to be honest.
But, looks like something I'll eventually get around to seeing. I like biographical movies like that.
Do you and GU plan on seeing it anytime soon, Grim?
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:38 pm

if it makes the local pictures yep, if not I'll have to wait for the dvd.

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey