Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Heart and Soul » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:26 am

I found this description of the song on the It May All End Tomorrow website...

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->This is song with music by Street, and lyrics by Morrissey, given to Sandie Shaw for inclusion on one of her albums. It truly is an awful song, with a ridiculously upbeat brass section and the dire inflections of Shaw's puerile voice.
<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Anyone else completely disagree with this description? Granted, I've only heard the version with Morrissey singing lead vocals, but I love it. The lyrics are egregiously miserable, but I think this is just another case of Moz being extremely tongue-in-cheek. The music too is great in my opinion.
Last edited by Heart and Soul on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:50 am

I am more used to the Sandie Shaw version on her best of album. I thought it was excellent and is my fave Sandie Shaw song.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:34 pm

I think that it is a very beautiful song.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:59 pm

I have'nt bloody heard it eventhough i use some of the lyrics as my signature... On what record is it available? or is it even released by Morrissey?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Heart and Soul » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:05 pm

The Moz version is on the g-mail.
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Postby Rodchenko » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:20 pm

Call me stupid, but what is g-mail?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby this_charming_girl » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rodchenko+Feb 23 2006, 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodchenko @ Feb 23 2006, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Call me stupid, but what is g-mail? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
stupid!! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Eligible, not too stupid,
intelligible and cute as cupid,
knowledgeable,but not always right
salvageable, and free for the night.

<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Stefi/?chartstyle=FortheGirls" target="_blank">Image</a>
this_charming_girl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:54 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Rodchenko+Feb 23 2006, 06:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rodchenko @ Feb 23 2006, 06:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Call me stupid, but what is g-mail? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Check the filesharing thread, pinned in the Smiths forum. Hopefully it's explained okay there.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:51 pm

Thanks I've found out... Am gonna visit quite often...
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Heart and Soul » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Alabaster Crashes Down+Feb 23 2006, 08:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alabaster Crashes Down @ Feb 23 2006, 08:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I am more used to the Sandie Shaw version on her best of album. I thought it was excellent and is my fave Sandie Shaw song. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Do you think you could put it on the g-mail? I'd be interested in hearing it. <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Return to Morrissey