who put the M on at the flicks last night

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:18 am

GU & I went last night, it was amazing to watch it on the big screen, the place was only 3/4's full, I estimated 40 people tbh, it was only a smallish screening room. I was the only one joining in with the filmed audience singing "Morrissey Morrissey" & GU told me off for trying to get up dancing to the encore.
At the end of the show they played the extras off the dvd & woo, there we where, up on the silver screen!

love

Grim & GU

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:07 am

Which song got the best response from the audience in the screening room?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:18 am

well tbh I didn't notice any reaction from the rest of the audience, I was lovin & relivin it all, so I was quite engrossed & because we where last in we had to sit down at the front.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:21 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->well tbh I didn't notice any reaction from the rest of the audience<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Boring sods, I can't even watch a smiths video on the tele without having to dance or something! It's quite embarrasing if I have company, but hey! :D
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:26 am

[quote name='_Stranger_' date='Mar 31 2006, 10:21 AM' post='22500']
Boring sods, I can't even watch a smiths video on the tele without having to dance or something! It's quite embarrasing if I have company, but hey! :D

I wish you'd have been there last night Stranger, we could have looked like nutters together or even got the audience up to enjoy themselves! this was a film of a Morrissey concert not Mozart! I assume 99% of the audience have the dvd anyway so knew what it was about!

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:27 am

No response? What the hell were they doing there then?
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:30 am

I think sometimes people are embarrased to sing and things, maybe if a few people would've started really getting into it the whole audience would have! I just can't help myself though when I'm watching or listening to a tune I really love.. well at least thats how it is around the house. It's not like I start twirling around on the bus singing and pretending I'm holding some flowers(Although sometimes it is rather tempting) :lol:
Last edited by Lazy Dyke on Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:33 am

yes, but a little cheering wouldn't hurt anyone? It's a great DVD...
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:34 am

think it's the reserved british way or summat? I was all up for it but was told 'not to dance' by my other half, mind you she's seen me dance. But that shouldn't have stopped anyone else getting up & dancing eh? Like I said I was the only one joining in the 'Morrissey Morrissey' chant & clapping & cheering at the end of songs.

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:36 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->yes, but a little cheering wouldn't hurt anyone? It's a great DVD...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

True, I would have expected clapping at least at the end!
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:44 am

Grim, my boy. You are one of a kind!

And yes, there should have been clapping. My god...
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:11 pm

I think you have missed out the most important piece of information, that is, what was the free gift? Were there many young fans there? I missed this at my local cinema because it clashed with Graham Coxon which I already had a ticket for (the man is a guitar maestro, very good gig..packed and lively. Took half an hour to leave at the end becuase my friend wouldn't leave the support band alone)
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:53 pm

There was a decent turnout when we went (well over a year ago), but surprisingly, they also showed it at two theatres the same night on opposite ends of town, if I remember correctly. At the one we went to, the radio station DJ was there to MC the 'event'.Everybody seemed excited and they had a contest where people had to do their best impression of Moz singing. But as soon as the movie started, it got quiet. I think people just wanted to hear it and enjoy it without interruption, quite possibly people were just mesmerized. It was like being at a concert with the luxury of sitting in comfort and hearing no one but the singer. At the end people clapped and hooped and hollered. In all honesty though, it would have added to the atmosphere having people clapping and dancing, a la 'Rocky Horror'. So good for you, Grim!

FAO Grim: Are my PMs reaching you? I can't locate new messages/replies sent from here!!! Please let me know.
Last edited by Still Ill on Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:39 am

so what was the free gift....
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Return to Morrissey