'Vauxhall and I' versus 'Strangeways here we come'

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Beckett » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:57 pm

I have been listening to these two albums quite a bit recently and I must say that I think Vauxhall and I is a superior album.

Just my opinion.

So which do you think is better?
Beckett

Postby elko » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:52 pm

Strangeways. If only for 'Last Night I Dreamt...' and 'I Won't Share You'.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Zozza » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:06 pm

Strangeways is my favourite album.. of all albums.. so u see where my vote goes.

:lol:
Zozza

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:51 pm

Strangeways Here We Come. the reasons are too many to mention. But I must add that 'Vauxhall and I' is a great album.
Last edited by Truman Capote on Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Strangeways IMO, but then again I will ALWAYS ALWAYS like any Smiths album better than Morrissey really.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:48 pm

Vauxhall is superior... The easiest question I ever answered...
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:21 pm

Strangeways, vauxhall is lyrically superior but not as an album
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:05 pm

No Morrissey solo album is as good as any Smiths album, though Vauxhall is the closest he's come.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:45 am

Are you people serious? Or are you just saying these things because it's the "right" thing to say?

Vauxhall is better, more consistent to say the least!
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->Are You Loathsome Tonight?
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:14 am

It's all a matter of opinion. You see for me it's just that all of The Smiths albums are better than any Morrissey album. But I am generally a bigger fan of The Smiths. Although that doesn't mean I don't love Morrissey as well.

But everybody has thier own opinion on the matter. :)
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Rodchenko » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:16 am

Yes, of course. I also love The Smiths more than the solo stuff.
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Postby Sweet and Tender Hooligan » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:17 am

Yeah but your forgetting theres gonna be a lot of varitions of what people see as the best moz album campared to smiths.

i see Your Arsenal as being the best easily, its just perfect each track is immense, its probably gonna be his best album, but i kno people who hate it and prefer kill uncle etc.

but i do think vauxhall and i is class too, if any moz album is better than a smiths one it will be your arsenal.
I'm spellbound, but a woman divides
And the hills are alive with celibate cries
Sweet and Tender Hooligan
Supreme

Postby Xuu » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:55 am

i think Vaxuhall & I is much better than Strangeways, i like it as much as any Smiths albums...Hold on to Your Friends, The More You Ignore Me, Speedway are my all-time favourite songs...for Strangeways...i deem it as the worst Smiths album, songs like Death Of A Disco Dancer, Paint A Vulgar Picture and Death At One's Elbow to me sound awful...and i still haven't bought the CD...maybe i never will...
Xuu
Supreme

Postby Xuu » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:07 pm

Xuu wrote:i think Vaxuhall & I is much better than Strangeways, i like it as much as any Smiths albums...Hold on to Your Friends, The More You Ignore Me, Speedway are my all-time favourite songs...for Strangeways...i deem it as the worst Smiths album, songs like Death Of A Disco Dancer, Paint A Vulgar Picture and Death At One's Elbow to me sound awful...and i still haven't bought the CD...maybe i never will...

...darn...now i'm listening to Strangeways on the computer...and i feel that my Smiths collection is incomplete without it...even their worst album is class...
Xuu
Supreme

Postby Rodchenko » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:31 pm

You must feel like a turd for not having Strangeways in your collection! I may agree that it's their "worst" album, but to me it doesn't mean it's a bad album in any way... They had a very high low, if you know what I mean....
Rodchenko
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Morrissey