Moz on C4 Tonight at 12

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Bref » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:31 pm

There's a Morrissey interview with Edith Bowman on Channel 4 in just 1.5hrs time!
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby HandsomeDevil » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:52 pm

I watched it and wasn't really impressed by the music or the man himself.
I'm not exactly digging his new songs, and it seems in every interview he has something negative to say about The Smiths.
I quote 'I wouldn't want to sing with people I don't really like'.
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:43 pm

i'm glad it's not just me who thought that! i switched off half way through because i was incredibly bored. it was like get up and do a song, come down for a chat and a cuppa and then get back up. i was waiting for him to say something interesting or arrogant! :P
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:46 pm

Yeah, the interview was terrible but still ill live at the end was brilliant
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:53 pm

Why was it terrible? Why does he have to be side splittingly funny or controversial all the time? I think it's such a rare occurence just to see him sit and talk that this in itself is impressive enough. He isn't a performing seal, he's only going to give answers as interesting as the questions asked and if the interview was boring it is because of the boring interviewer, not the interviewee. Edith Bowman was mostly just retreading the recently well trodden paths taken by every interviewer of late, so for Morrissey it is just answering the same 'so, you've moved to Rome, why is that?' questions over and over again.

I was in total awe when he sang Still Ill and was just pleased to see and hear him talking.
Clearly people that prefer The Smiths to Morrissey are always going to be difficult to please.
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:56 pm

he doesn't have to be a 'performing seal', but i just didn't think he had much interesting to say. and yeah i know a lot of tha was to do with the interviewer, but it was still boring.

wish i'd stayed awake long enough to see still ill, that coulda been quite good :)
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:11 pm

I didn't see it, I don't know.

I saw a bit on Youtube, only half the interview is up. I think he's said a lot of interesting things in the past, he doesnt have to keep relling out witty comment after witty comment, he's not there to cause controversy (though he does like it) he was there to plug the album and sing. Like Weasey, I was happy just to see him there and listen to him talk. I don't know why maybe I'm just content to view him and hear his voice. That enough for me, all the other stuff is just extra. And I've seen the extra stuff before.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:57 am

My God, I would love to watch him singing Still Ill!!! Lucky you!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ryan. » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:43 am

just downloaded both parts. absolutely brilliant. i'm in love with this new album, and still ill was amazing. here are the links:

<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AP9BKLBK" target="_blank">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AP9BKLBK</a>

<a href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HW8YCJ89" target="_blank">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HW8YCJ89</a>
<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Postby HandsomeDevil » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:59 am

Maybe Weasey is right, people who prefer The Smiths to Morrissey are difficult to please.
But on the other hand, Moz seems to have lost that mystical aura that he once had. His interviews seem to be about either Rome, or about not liking The Smiths and thats pretty much it.
And by covering old Smiths songs only shows how inferior the band are compared to Johnny and co.
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Truman Capote » Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:00 am

Well, sorry but I think the band, and specially the new guitar player, made a great work covering Still Ill.
Last edited by Truman Capote on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lazy Dyke » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:52 am

I didn't know it was on and missed it. I am most upset now. :(
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ryan. » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:02 pm

just download it from those megaupload.com links i posted on the last page.
<span style='color:gray'>we're a virus with shoes, okay? that's all we are.

> <a href='http://www.toolcollector.net/' target='_blank'>www.toolcollector.net</a></span>
Ryan.
Advanced

Postby BigmouthSA » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:29 am

HandsomeDevil wrote:I watched it and wasn't really impressed by the music or the man himself.
I'm not exactly digging his new songs, and it seems in every interview he has something negative to say about The Smiths.
I quote 'I wouldn't want to sing with people I don't really like'.

To be fair if he's being asked the same questions you'll get the same replies, for goodness sake, that stands to reason. Admittedly it was drab but you could sense the interviewer didnt know a thing about him and wasnt that interested really.

I recently downloaded an interview he did in Austin, Texas, and the questions are very interesting and informed and as a result its a cracking interview with Mozz on top form, and revealing a fair bit. Likewise his interview in Uncut. And I dont blame him for getting peeved with questions about The Smiths, Marr has before now too, its been a long time.

Though I really like it, I can however understand why some may not like the new album; its always been the case I think (you only have to look at the split opinions in the Viva Hate thread), I like that. But I think its harsh to be having a go at the poor bloke for only answering the drull questions aimed at him.
'I dont get along with myself, and Im not too keen on anyone else!'

:D
BigmouthSA
Regular

Postby Domestique » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:43 am

I haven't seen the interview in question, but I think you're absolutely spot-on in a general sense. I believe Edith Bowman was the guilty party, so what I can confidently state is that she's been a talent-free zone for the best part of ten years. Morrissey was probably falling asleep as he attempted to parry her incisive, deeply probing questions :D
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Morrissey