Moz on C4 Tonight at 12

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Lazy Dyke » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:18 pm

I've downloaded the first part, but now the site is being all register blah de blah. However I see nothing wrong, so he's not being asked anything terribly out of the ordinary he's not going to respond with something hilarious all the time. As somebody else said he's not a performing seal!

And the actual musical performances were great, although I'm not pleased with the pace of the band. Nothing wrong with Morrissey though.
Lazy Dyke
Smiths Nut!

Postby weasey » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:15 pm

HandsomeDevil wrote:on the other hand, Moz seems to have lost that mystical aura that he once had.

Enevitably, after 23 years in the public gaze, and under the scrutiny of hundreds of journalists, he is going to lose his mystical aura. The only way of maintaining such a thing is to stay completely silent. You seemed to complain it wasn't a good interview, but what constitutes a good interview? Revealing something about yourself and, therefore, dulling ones aura.

I don't think he has lost it. The fist time I ever saw him was in a similar situation less than two years ago, doing an interview and singing songs with almost the same band. He didn't really give much away then either but I was totally captivated by him...something about him I couldn't put my finger on, which I am fairly willing to bet may have been a mystical aura....
"EDUCATION IN REVERSE"
weasey
Supreme

Postby elko » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:31 pm

Mike Joyce sold Morrissey's mystical aura on eBay.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Domestique » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:48 pm

I was outbid for it by Grim :)
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:55 pm

Domestique wrote:I was outbid for it by Grim :)

I thought it was his flora, shite, you want his aura Dom? It's yours fi the $4 inc s+h eh?

love

Grim

P.s. it's the early 80's skinny fit aura (& it's in lilac-iash green)

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:08 pm

Grim O'Grady wrote:<!--quoteo(post=23346:date=Apr 9 2006, 09:48 PM:name=Domestique)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Domestique @ Apr 9 2006, 09:48 PM) [snapback]23346[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I was outbid for it by Grim :)

I thought it was his flora, shite, you want his aura Dom? It's yours fi the $4 inc s+h eh?

love

Grim

P.s. it's the early 80's skinny fit aura (& it's in lilac-iash green)
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:D Hmm, just not my colour Grim, I'm afraid; that shade of green makes me complexion look even worse than usual. Perhaps you could sell it back to Joycey? ;)
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:40 pm

Cheers, Ryan. :) I was only able to get the first part, though. It says the download limit's been exeeded. :( Where did you download it from? I'm always interested in Moz interviews since I haven't seen too many of them.
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Postby BigmouthSA » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:03 pm

elko wrote:Mike Joyce sold Morrissey's mystical aura on eBay.

how do you mean? :blink:
'I dont get along with myself, and Im not too keen on anyone else!'

:D
BigmouthSA
Regular

Postby Domestique » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:05 pm

People are reduced to desperate measures when they're on Income Support ;)
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby HandsomeDevil » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:21 pm

Oh dear what have I started :P
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:15 am

A great thread, HD!

I'm enjoying all the talk surrounding Still Ill that I'm reading everywhere! :P
But seriously, the tears stung seeing him perform it, I thought Jesse did a damn good job on guitar with that song. But I couldn't stop from imagining Johnny playing it.

Is anyone still having problems downloading it? I could try and upload it.
I've already saved it and I have it on DVD! But I've yet to see the interview....

Bigmouth, though I'm a Mike Joyce fan, Ellis did cleverly put it quite succinctly. For me it was a metaphor. It's like part of the magic of the legacy of the Smiths faded away when Joyce sued. That's the way I took it anyway, until I read Mark and Grim's posts! :lol:
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:26 pm

S.I. oh bugger has part of the package I posted today was the channel 4 bits that I recorded from last week, still there's a couple of other bits you might not have (or maybe you do!?).

love

Grim
P.s. oh & as they are pal format you'll prob' have to watch them on your compy, eh?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Mozzerella » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:24 pm

Still Ill wrote:A great thread, HD!

I'm enjoying all the talk surrounding Still Ill that I'm reading everywhere! :P
But seriously, the tears stung seeing him perform it, I thought Jesse did a damn good job on guitar with that song. But I couldn't stop from imagining Johnny playing it.

Is anyone still having problems downloading it? I could try and upload it.
I've already saved it and I have it on DVD! But I've yet to see the interview....

Bigmouth, though I'm a Mike Joyce fan, Ellis did cleverly put it quite succinctly. For me it was a metaphor. It's like part of the magic of the legacy of the Smiths faded away when Joyce sued. That's the way I took it anyway, until I read Mark and Grim's posts! :lol:

I'd be forever grateful if you could upload it at some point. The link had already expired as I tried to download it. (And it wasn't on emule the last time I checked.)
<a href='http://www.last.fm/user/Mozaic/?chartstyle=MeatisMurder' target='_blank'>Image</a>
Mozzerella
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to Morrissey