Morrissey Playing Dublin In August

For all things concerning Moz's solo career.

Postby Domestique » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:37 pm

Morrissey will play an open-air show at Marlay Park, Dublin on Tuesday August 22nd, supported by The Magic Numbers, Dandy Warhols and The Dears. Tickets go on sale next Friday (April 21st) and should be a little easier to come by than those for this weekends' concerts, which sold out in about 11 seconds.

It's good timing to announce this now, as hopefully it'll mean the touts making less of a killling this time around. People will be less willing to be ripped off once they know a return visit is imminent.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:04 pm

See you there!
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:45 pm

Bref wrote:See you there!

Oh, most likely! :P
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Just got my tickets, morrissey on the 22nd and radiohead on the 24th, what a summer!
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Marlay Park is an excellent concert location. Doubt however if I can make it so shortly after an expensive trip to Germany to see Bauhaus (12th August)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:53 pm

OK, I got the budget for it :) Where can I order tickets?

EDIT: just bought myself a ticket B) via ticketmaster.ie -- 49.50eur = bargain!
Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:37 pm

Yeah, it was cheaper than I expexted. I'm really looking forward to it. I've never seen him before. How early d'ya reckon i'll have to get there to get into the pit?
we don't know where.
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:58 am

Depends on the support act. Last two years the support acts were sometimes quite famous/popular as well, and then some people turned up especially for them but stayed at their frontline spot when the headliner came on stage...

I would say try to be there at least an hour in advance.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:15 pm

UPDATE: Magic Numbers and Dandy Warhols are supporting. Especially the latter have quite a fanbase, so I would come early. Big chance that lot of people will see the Dandy's as well and then front row spots will be taken long before Morrissey comes on stage.

Dandy Warhols, not too bad. Let's hope keyboard player Zia McCabe lives up to her reputation :P B)

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Morrissey