Electronic

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:00 pm

I heard an electronic song. It was called getting away with it. I really really liked it.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:33 pm

My favorite Electronic song. The melody and arrangement-- it's just one of those songs that took hold of me the first time I heard it. I should add this to the perfect song thread....
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:25 pm

It is a very sweet, very melodic and catchy song indeed <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo--> Though my fave Electronic track is Vivid; Second Nature ain't bad either.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:04 pm

I love them all....the more I listen the more I can listen to them all but then I'm funny like that!!!
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:35 am

Hey, glad to see you back! <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:03 am

Getting Away With It is SUCH a good song...and in fact, the only Electronic song I have <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:31 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Dec 1 2005, 01:35 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Dec 1 2005, 01:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Hey, glad to see you back!  <!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--><!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Absolutely so, Tallulah! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

And speaking about Electronic, these days I am growing literally addicted to Second Nature, a track from their second album, Raise The Pressure. <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:09 pm

Yay glad to be back - I adore Second Nature too one of my favourites from that album the other being until the end of time Electronic rox ma socks
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Disco_dancer_in_a_coma » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:49 pm

I really, really like Electronic. I bought their self-titled US release when it came out, and it has been in constant rotation ever since, and now that I've gone all digital, they have their very own playlist on my iPod. I think I have three of their albums, and I like them all quite a bit, but the first, Electronic, is my favorite. It has just never become tired, and I love listening to it.

Favorite tracks: Idiot Country, Tighten Up, Getting Away With It, Out of my League (from Raise the Pressure), and by far and away my absolute favorite is Get the Message. I would dare say that Get the Message is one of my favorite songs of all time. I just love it.
Disco_dancer_in_a_coma
Regular

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:26 am

Right on ALL counts (well, no dedicated playlist though!) My most favorite of all three is Getting Away With It. In fact, I'm tuning in right now, been awhile since I've played it. :)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Heart and Soul » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:41 am

This thread has inspired me to revisit my Electronic albums.
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Postby HadjiQuest » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:08 am

I was so impressed by the first album that I've shyed away completely from the second album because I hear it's bland, and I keep almost getting the third album, but then turning away at the last minute because I'm afraid it'll be worse.

Hmm....

So, Raise the Pressure or Twisted Tenderness? Which do I get now?
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby Disco_dancer_in_a_coma » Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:12 pm

Decisions decisions decisions! Hate them! Totally a matter of personal preference, but I'd say Raise the Pressure. Whichever one you purchase now, you can always buy the next one later...
Disco_dancer_in_a_coma
Regular

Postby atomium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:46 pm

Electronic? Ehm…I haven’t heard one single song from Electronic, is it worth checking out?
atomium
Supreme

Postby JohnnyMare » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 pm

I thought I'd mention the fact that there is a Best Of album from Electronic (which is a bit strange considering they've only done 3 albums, although the album does have some B-sides). The great thing about for me is the inclusion of All That I Need - a great track with plenty of Johnny's guitar playing.

My other fav track is a song called I Feel Alright, which, along with All That I Need, appeared on the For You CD single - I still can't believe these songs were only effectively B-sides!
JohnnyMare

Previous

Return to Johnny Marr