Ask Marr

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Ishihara » Fri May 18, 2007 5:26 am

rubygirl wrote:hey, i remember this one from the time I've read those Q&A - so it's you who asked him this, cool! :) :D

Yeah I was really happy it was one of his longer responses. Most of his responses were YES, No, I don't know.
Very short one liners...

Wow everyone is so nice here, if I was on Solo I would have been banned by now.

:ph34r:
...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby Truman Capote » Fri May 18, 2007 8:58 am

Shintaro Ishihara wrote:Q:Johnny, were are you living these days? I am wondering how your life style is? What's a day in the life of Johnny Marr like?

That was a good question, Shintaro.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat May 19, 2007 12:18 am

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow everyone is so nice here, if I was on Solo I would have been banned by now. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

as sick as it sounds, it's true ... that place is like a shrine of hatred, and some sad bastards are fatally attracted to this... :huh: :ph34r:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Sat May 19, 2007 1:44 am

rubygirl wrote:<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow everyone is so nice here, if I was on Solo I would have been banned by now.

as sick as it sounds, it's true ... that place is like a shrine of hatred, and some sad bastards are fatally attracted to this... :huh: :ph34r:
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Until I found this place I didn't think there were any nice Smiths fans left. Try seeing a Morrissey show in LA sometime, it's like a morrissey-solow.com convention. All the biggest assholes come out to hate you.

...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat May 19, 2007 5:11 am

Shintaro Ishihara wrote:<!--quoteo(post=41044:date=May 18 2007, 05:18 PM:name=rubygirl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rubygirl @ May 18 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]41044[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow everyone is so nice here, if I was on Solo I would have been banned by now.

Until I found this place I didn't think there were any nice Smiths fans left. Try seeing a Morrissey show in LA sometime, it's like a morrissey-solow.com convention. All the biggest assholes come out to hate you.

The first time I had the wonderful luck to see a Morrissey concert was in LA-- I had a blast! Everyone was really nice, if not a bit showy about how far they went to see Moz (I went only from the north of the state to the south on my longest Moz journey-- some people were sounding scary stalkerish) and people were very talkative.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Sat May 19, 2007 7:32 am

Pashernate_Lover wrote:<!--quoteo(post=41053:date=May 19 2007, 01:44 AM:name=Shintaro Ishihara)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shintaro Ishihara @ May 19 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]41053[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=41044:date=May 18 2007, 05:18 PM:name=rubygirl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rubygirl @ May 18 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]41044[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wow everyone is so nice here, if I was on Solo I would have been banned by now.

The first time I had the wonderful luck to see a Morrissey concert was in LA-- I had a blast! Everyone was really nice, if not a bit showy about how far they went to see Moz (I went only from the north of the state to the south on my longest Moz journey-- some people were sounding scary stalkerish) and people were very talkative.

what year was it? what was the venue?

...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat May 19, 2007 5:25 pm

Shintaro Ishihara wrote:<!--quoteo(post=41066:date=May 18 2007, 10:11 PM:name=Pashernate_Lover)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pashernate_Lover @ May 18 2007, 10:11 PM) [snapback]41066[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=41053:date=May 19 2007, 01:44 AM:name=Shintaro Ishihara)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Shintaro Ishihara @ May 19 2007, 01:44 AM) [snapback]41053[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo(post=41044:date=May 18 2007, 05:18 PM:name=rubygirl)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rubygirl @ May 18 2007, 05:18 PM) [snapback]41044[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

what year was it? what was the venue?

Prefacing this with the fact that only my 3rd and 4th sets of Morrissey tickets actually ended in him playing at a concert. I saw him in November 12th 2004 (to the best of my memory) at the Universal Studio Amphitheatre-- I have never seen a show in a place quite that big before, but he still pulled out all the stops and everyone really appreciated it :).
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat May 19, 2007 7:24 pm

Shintaro Ishihara wrote:

that's why I stopped going on M-solo ages ago... just don't know how and why this place turned into such a turn-on for some hateful pricks :ph34r:
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Sun May 20, 2007 2:20 am

rubygirl wrote:that's why I stopped going on M-solo ages ago... just don't know how and why this place turned into such a turn-on for some hateful pricks :ph34r:

It's the moderators, they feel like they are Morrissey's chosen ones, and if you have any information or anything interesting to say that doesn't fit within their view of things, you are scum and quickly banned.

Try to bring this back on topic, I would feel kinda bad if there was a Smiths reunion and I had to face these awful people who go to Modest Mouse shows for the sole purpose of heckling the "evil backstabbing Johnny Marr"

I really wonder what Johnny thinks of Morrissey's new breed of fans.

...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby madmancmonkey » Wed May 23, 2007 9:04 am

Naturally I'd ask Marr did he think that being so young when he (as is formally accepted) walked out on the Smiths does he look back and think he was Naive as a result of his youth?

Also, how much pressure was on the (still teenage) Marr whe the Smiths became. We expect a lot but how much?
madmancmonkey
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Wed May 23, 2007 4:51 pm

Shintaro Ishihara wrote:
I really wonder what Johnny thinks of Morrissey's new breed of fans.

Hopefully he doesn't. What would be the point?
A note upon his desk
-Oh!-
So came his reply :
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Previous

Return to Johnny Marr