Ask Marr

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby kurt » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:51 pm

The topic Title is pretty much self explanatory, If you was given the leasure of asking John Martin Maher any question in the world about anything, what would it be?
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
kurt
Supreme

Postby kurt » Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:03 pm

Okay.... I'll go first then instead of all you shy people....

I would ask him how he came up with those guitar bits, it just amazed me and still does when i hear Smiths songs
<div align="left"><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Microsoft Sans Serif--><span style="font-family:Microsoft Sans Serif"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:green--><span style="color:green"><!--/coloro-->Everything you say to me takes me One step closer to the edge</div>

<div align="right">and I'm about to break<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
kurt
Supreme

Postby elko » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:17 pm

Y'alright our kid, can I borrow yer Rickenbacker?

*runs*
elko
Site Admin

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:21 pm

Could you go and talk with Morrissey and write some songs together please? Thanks...
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:20 pm

Truman Capote wrote:Could you go and talk with Morrissey and write some songs together please? Thanks...

:lol:
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:15 am

I would want to know if he is a bit jealous of Mozza's post Smiths career.
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby JaneSays » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:27 pm

Isn't there a Q&A on Marr's site which you could all use?
JaneSays
Supreme

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:16 pm

I'd just ask him if he feels a bit stupid. I would if I was him. Not to say he wasn't a genius back in the day, though.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:20 pm

Alabaster Crashes Down wrote:I'd just ask him if he feels a bit stupid. I would if I was him. Not to say he wasn't a genius back in the day, though.

elko
Site Admin

Postby kurt » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:30 pm

hahahaha

kurt
Supreme

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:22 pm

You dye your hair, don't you?
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby kurt » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:32 pm

kurt
Supreme

Postby boro_matt » Sun May 13, 2007 9:11 pm

I would have to ask where the ruddy hell is the new Healers album ? <_<
<a href="http://down-on-the-corner.tripod.com" target="_blank">http://down-on-the-corner.tripod.com</a>

Down On The Corner A Johnny Marr And The Healers Fansite
boro_matt

Postby Ishihara » Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 am

JaneSays wrote:Isn't there a Q&A on Marr's site which you could all use?

Yes there is a few years ago (1999), I submitted my question and he responded.

see below...

Q:Johnny, were are you living these days? I am wondering how your life style is? What's a day in the life of Johnny Marr like?

A:I live in Manchester and London.My studio is in Manchester so I'm there a lot and I record in Los Angeles sometimes."My day" really varies a lot,but what like to do is get up very,very early,about 6.00 a.m (honestly!) and stare into space or at a wall for about an hour and totally empty my head then listen to what I've been working on.After I've done that I'll play guitar,read and listen to some music.The phone rings and I ignore it.I check some e-mails and mess around then James Spencer,my engineer arrives at about 11.00-11.30am and we work.I work all day until 1.00pm-2.00pm and then I sleep for a bit.If I'm not recording then I'll pretty much reverse the whole thing and read or play all night and sleep whenever.I like extreems and I like doing things when the world is quiet.
...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Postby rubygirl » Thu May 17, 2007 11:32 pm

hey, i remember this one from the time I've read those Q&A - so it's you who asked him this, cool! :) :D
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Johnny Marr