JOHNNY MARR GAVE ME HIS GUITAR PICK!!!

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:24 am

i was completely devistated that the forum wouldn't work for me for a month coz i needed to share my great story!!!

There was a music festival down south from Perth in Busselton where Modest Mouse were playing, so me & a group of friends went seeming as Modest Mouse are my fav band after the Smiths, & this addition of Johnny meant my life wouldn't be worth living if I missed it!

So anyway, I stake out Modest Mouse hours in advance, suffering youth group & their screaming 14 yr old fans, finally it is 3 o'clock, & the announcement comes over that Modest Mouse have arrived but they were waiting on their equipment, so they couldn't play. I had been waiting at least 7 months for this so i was completely devistated... anyway long time later they were announced at a different stage at 10.30. So i staked that out (the Bees ROCK live btw!!!) and You Am I took soooooooooooo ling to set up that they finished around 11, and then Modest Mouse took ages to set up as well, and ended up with their set being cut short at 12 o'clock exactly, leaving an angry mob of modest mouse fans!

The gig went pretty bad in terms of the set up, problems with equipment & such but I thought they were amazing, even reducing me to tears (I was pms-y and had a fairly crappy weekend camping). I was front row but Johnny was on the other side of the stage, however got to see Issac Brock playing guitar with his teeth!!! The crowd were really into them and were REALLY pissed off they got cut off. The new songs were good from what I remember.

So anyway, I walked off with my best mate very upset but also stunned, until we saw a bunch of ppl trying to climb a fence, so we joined them & Issac Brock was on the other side, talking to fans about how they got cut off & such. The security staff was getting shitty so Issac came around the other side of the fence & climbed it looking over to where he was stating "ooh there's different mud, & a lot of self-riteous people!" But the secyrity guy ushered him away. My best mate noticed the VIP area entrance was unguarded at that moment (he was too busy talking 2 some friends) so we suck in, and decideed to try for the "Artists Ony" area. We walked around the tent 3 times before plucking up the courage to try and get in, but we were rejected!!!

So we turned around to leave, and who did we see, but Johnny Marr and (bassist) Eric Judy! We walked up to them & said hello, and I shook Johnny's hand and competely froze! He asked me "Do you talk?" and my friend explained how I am a huge Smiths fan, and we spoke to them for about 30 minutes about Australia, bad gigs, diva antics and other completely random thing such as Eric's arthritis & him missing the seatle winter! Turns out he also has a framed pic of the Smiths in his house! We talked about the new album, and Johnny said he was really excited about it (and that it comes out 20th march ;)). I asked if he could sign my Meat is Murder shirt, but none of us had a pen and stupid me didnt even bring a camera (REGRET), so he fished around in his pocket and pulled out a guitar pick, which i flipped out about! My friend asked him if she thought that was weird that i was so thrilled about his pick, but he said it should happen more often! In reallity I would've been happy with his pocket lint! I can't get over how nice and human they were!!! They were utterly brilliant! I now have the pick framed in my room :P

And now you know the truth about me, you won't see me anymore!
But i'm still fond of you...oh oh
some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:28 am

OH MY GOODNESS!!! THATS SOOOO AWESOME!!! AAAAH! WOOHOO! YAY FOR YOU!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Franissey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:22 pm

Brilliant!

:D :D
Franissey

Postby rubygirl » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:45 pm

That was so cool! :P :rolleyes:
Thanks for sharing the story with us, must have been such a thrill! :)
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:50 pm

How incredible! A story well told, too, plus insight into the mind of the great man (so he keeps his plectrums in his pocket huh, fascinating....) - I'm sorry you had to wait a month to share it, but it was worth the wait!

Oh, bring a camera next time :P :D
elko
Site Admin

Postby chicken » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:58 pm

some_dizzy_whore_1804 wrote: In reallity I would've been happy with his pocket lint! I can't get over how nice and human they were!!!

HA! that's a lovely ending to a lovely story!! lucky you. i don't think i would have had the guts to sneak around like that, kudos!!

i would have walked around for days holding out my hand: "this hand touched him!!" :lol:
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 pm

Lucky you!
Picks in his pocket. Such a rock star. :P
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bouazizi » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:47 pm

raaaa! thats actually SO cool!

treasure that for life!!! :D
<!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->♪ ♫<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->there is a light that never goes out<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bouazizi
Regular

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:18 pm

Cheers y'all! Hopefully you'all get your chance when Modest Mouse tour :D

some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Miserable Liar » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:46 pm

What colour was it?!?!?!??!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby some_dizzy_whore_1804 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:37 am

Blue with "Johnny" written on it :D I gotta take a picture of it & put it up here

some_dizzy_whore_1804
Supreme

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:05 am

How much do you think you could get for it?
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lorimoz » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:29 pm

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Nice one !!!

Treasure it forever.
No amount of money could ever buy anything I have
from some gigs.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Ishihara » Thu May 17, 2007 5:15 am

some_dizzy_whore_1804 wrote:Blue with "Johnny" written on it :D I gotta take a picture of it & put it up here

Please post it soon!
...Ishiara has spoken!
ImageImageImage
Ishihara
Supreme

Re: JOHNNY MARR GAVE ME HIS GUITAR PICK!!!

Postby Johnny » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Mine is black with "Johnny" on it. He was bloody cool when I met him and a really nice lad to talk with. 8)
Franky Mr. Shankly, meet me at the fountain
Johnny

Return to Johnny Marr