Other works

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:26 pm

Good interpretation.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:10 am

Yeah I would have to agree with that elko too too true and very likely. Morrissey really would have let all that immense genius ferment!! what a silly man (in this hypothetical situation of course)
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Qvist » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:27 pm

How come's nobody mentioned that truly classic record, Mind Bomb by The The? Not that it bears any very notable Marr imprint though - apart from The Beaten Generation, it sounds like 90% Matt Johnson.

Inicidentally, which other guitar player and songwriter can boast of not only having such copious amounts of talent, but also of having gotten to work with perhaps the two most gifted writers of lyrics in his generation (ie, Morrissey and Johnson)?

cheers
Last edited by Qvist on Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qvist
Regular

Postby elko » Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:51 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Qvist+Apr 6 2005, 01:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Qvist @ Apr 6 2005, 01:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> How come's nobody mentioned that truly classic record, Mind Bomb by The The? Not that it bears any very notable Marr imprint though - apart from The Beaten Generation, it sounds like 90% Matt Johnson.

Inicidentally, which other guitar player and songwriter can boast of not only having such copious amounts of talent, but also of having gotten to work with perhaps the two most gifted writers of lyrics in his generation (ie, Morrissey and Johnson)?

cheers <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I haven't heard that record, only the single 'The Beaten Generation'. Is Marr given any writing credits on it?
elko
Site Admin

Postby tallulahtaurus » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:02 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->How come's nobody mentioned that truly classic record, Mind Bomb by The The? Not that it bears any very notable Marr imprint though - apart from The Beaten Generation, it sounds like 90% Matt Johnson.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

he he you may have just amswered your own question there... I haven't heard any The The mainly through laziness mainly through not being willing to shell out the cash for full price albums at any point in time....pathetic cheapo that I am

well... not at all apart from Rank I decided that was essential and have since seen it for half the price I paid upsetting ramble ramble ramble.... !!
Last edited by tallulahtaurus on Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:06 pm

The The kind of passed me by. I've seen one video and I can't recall for which song. But being a big Marr fan, I'm surprised I haven't gone out of my way to look for other music Johnny has played on. Is Mind Bomb the one Marr plays in or is that Dusk? Or am I way off track?!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Qvist » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:47 pm

Not at all - he appears on both. They are both very strong albums in my opinion, especially Mind Bomb - certainly way beyond anything else of what post-Smiths work of his I've heard. He's just credited with one song on MB ("Gravitate to me"). The only thing he is credited with on Dusk is, oddly enough, the photos.

I couldn't believe it when I heard Marr had joined Johnson - my two favorite bands at the time were exactly The Smiths and The The. <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo--> I'd recommend TT to anyone, both because of the lyrics and the music. They're not especially Smiths-like though.

cheers
Qvist
Regular

Previous

Return to Johnny Marr