Talking heads - Naked

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:34 pm

Johnny Marr was a guitarist for talking heads during naked, he was very good on that album. I worked what he played, i heard "Ruby Deer" and thought the guitar in that was good it was Marr. I have had this album for years well i had it on tape but lost it so recently bought it on cd. I love this album so much, its very interesting. Alot of african percussion but still a good rock album, buy it if you can!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:16 am

This topic pure went tits up lol
Ah well, i will post to myself now
Hi Matt, how are you? hahahahahahahahahahahaha
sorry lol
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:08 am

I will buy it if I can Matt... I just didn't think that was an especially interesting thing to post thanks for the info - I couldn't let ya just go mad by yourself could I!!?
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:17 am

True, it is lonely up here in my head <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Tis a very good album, if you want you could just add me on msn and i could send you the album
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:35 pm

sounds like a fabu idea and your msn handle would be?? private message me it!! I love anything Johnny related as I'm sure you could tell (what with me previously being the only person here)
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Tue May 17, 2005 10:05 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-miserableliar+Mar 22 2005, 11:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (miserableliar @ Mar 22 2005, 11:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->True, it is lonely up here in my head <!--emo&:(-->Image<!--endemo-->
Tis a very good album, if you want you could just add me on msn and i could send you the album<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
what a gem of a thread!!

"tits up".......ha!!! i learned that catchy little phrase from electric russ, of all people. (don't let him fool you, he's a virtual gold mine of stuff like that)

johnny marr was on naked? no lie!!

well, i'll be gosh darned. i do have that on disc (like so many other talking heads works--one of my all time fav bands for their mathematical percussion if nothing else). now i'll have to pull that disc out and 'see' if i can hear some smiths on it, lingering between the notes he played.

wow. very cool. thanks for the heads up on that miserableliar.

<!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> even when i'm up in my own head, i'm not even certain where i am <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:blink:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Thu May 19, 2005 5:13 pm

Cool chicken!
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Return to Johnny Marr