General

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Still Ill » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:05 am

Tallulahtaurus, I'm sure you've come across the Makio site on Johnny. It has some great pictures, but boy I always did want to learn Japanese. Good thing there are some overseas interviews that are in English.

For anyone interested: <a href='http://www.makio-marr.org/' target='_blank'>Wythenshawe Syndrome</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:08 pm

That site is fantastic. Just wish I knew what it was going on about...
elko
Site Admin

Postby tallulahtaurus » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:29 pm

I have seen that site....I know Japanese has never looked so attractive - I even tried to get my bro to help me translate bits using the Google tool if I recall I don't believe it worked....but I can't remember I'm gonna have to visit it again!!

i like musings on the Marr <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:14 pm

There's an interesting review on Patti Smith's Meltdown from a poster over at M-Solo that gives some details about Johnny's performance:

<a href='http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?read=272209' target='_blank'>review</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:41 pm

Thank you for posting such great links, Still_ill, it was an interesting read indeed! <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:54 pm

A little update on good ol' Johnny. I think a lot of people know he's been recording new material. What I found out is that he's assembled a new band. Curious to see what this new record will be like, especially with a new bassist and drummer.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:05 am

Someone bump my name off this thread (and Other Players). Please.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:36 pm

Fine...

Johnny Marr has a few paragraphs of this months UNCUT magazine, in which they celebrate 100 records, movies and books that have revolutionised culture. He's singing the praises of 'Eight Miles High'.

Noel Gallagher is also in there on the subject of 'This Charming Man'.
elko
Site Admin

Postby BigmouthSA » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:27 pm

Just having a nose through the Q+A sessions on Johhny Marrs website, quite a few Smiths related ones on there...

Said hed like to release some live material of The Smiths on DVD but the legal wranglings between members makes it difficult, and interesting when asked...

Q: Would you ever work with Morrissey again?

A: Er...

<!--emo&:o-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:unsure:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Last edited by BigmouthSA on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'I dont get along with myself, and Im not too keen on anyone else!'

:D
BigmouthSA
Regular

Postby Grim O'Grady » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:11 pm

I was looking for something else when I found this pic & I've completely forgotten what I was looking for in the first place, help!

it was taken last year at the Oxfam charity shop re-opening

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:12 pm

I am so so so jealous! Nah, wrong word, I am green with envy Grim! And you're to be proud, it's a smiling Johnny. You don't see the sweet side of him in pictures too often. <!--emo&:wub:-->Image<!--endemo--> (That smilie's a first for me on here, he he!)
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:53 am

uhh, great photo, Grim, thanx for sharing it! <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:15 am

cheers, I wore my City shirt knowing that JM is a City fan, I once saw him queing for tickets, I was like 20 people behind him & I thought should I go up & say "hi" or something & then I thought nah bit to stalker-ish to go up I'll wait 'til he's bought his tix & when he walks back towards me I'll say hi then etc, so I watch him get to the window to buy his tickets & what happens, this bloke comes out of a nearby door & invites Johnny & the two lads (I assume his sons) into the ground & my chance was gone. Let that be a lesson, procrastination is to lose!

I also saw Johnny at Boz Boorers gig with the Deltas in Manchester, Johnny & his band hadn't come to watch the Deltas just that they use the rehearsal room downstairs in the venue, I didn't get to chat to him, I just said hi Johnny, as he passed me on the stairs & he just looked & smiled, Shuggy who was staying at my house (he'd come down from Edinburgh for the gig - btw I was still living in Bolton at the time) followed JM out & had a chat with him, Johnny gave him this
the lucky git! See it pays to mither (sometimes) <!--emo&:)-->Image<!--endemo-->

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:22 pm

I read this recently:
Chris Lowe of the Pet Shop Boys on JM:
Chris: He's so funny. Like everyone I know from Manchester, just naturally hilarious, he could be a comedian. He does great impersonations of Manc scallies. He does one of Neil (Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys) - but Neil doesn't let me see it - and Marti Pellow.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:09 pm

I'm jealous, he seems so cool, that it'd be so nice....

and well the thing is that he could be absolutely foul to me and I would still wanna meet him cos well he's Johnny Marr! johnny freaking Marr

such a nice picture....such a nice pair of smiles....I love the Marr sooooo much (as if yall didn't know)
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Johnny Marr