The Healers

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby HadjiQuest » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:58 am

Remember in early June, when Johnny said they were gearing up for a tour and that they would announce the date of their new disc very soon?

What happened? It's like they fell out of existance. Are they fighting for their lives in some sort of dinosaur-ruled alternate universe now?

Do we know anything about their current plans?
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:10 pm

Last I read in July, Johnny had a new bassist and drummer. Looks to be a new Healers. Incidentally, Johnny's site no longer exists, so the plot thickens.

I remember the cartoon now! With the dog, was it a pug or bulldog? Pug, I'd like to think.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby HadjiQuest » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:08 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Sep 14 2005, 10:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Sep 14 2005, 10:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Last I read in July, Johnny had a new bassist and drummer. Looks to be a new Healers. Incidentally, Johnny's site no longer exists, so the plot thickens.

I remember the cartoon now! With the dog, was it a pug or bulldog? Pug, I'd like to think. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I think it was a pug, too, but now I'm not sure.
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby elko » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:04 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Sep 14 2005, 11:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Sep 14 2005, 11:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Incidentally, Johnny's site no longer exists, so the plot thickens. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
It does still exist, he (well, someone on his behalf) just got rid of the jmarr.com domain. It's still there at johnnymarr.com, although no updates since, errm, February...
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:16 pm

The dates are still very irritating (no year shown). If no one regularly keeps up with his site, it could be misconstrued for this past year. <!--emo&<_<-->Image<!--endemo-->
But I'm glad he still has a site.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:19 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-HadjiQuest+Sep 13 2005, 03:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HadjiQuest @ Sep 13 2005, 03:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> It's like they fell out of existance. Are they fighting for their lives in some sort of dinosaur-ruled alternate universe now?
<!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
That would be a great news of the world scoop
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:29 pm

I finally got the album, Boomslang. It ain't bad, but I cannot say I am overly excited or anything.
You Are The Magic is a beautiful song though.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby tallulahtaurus » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:58 pm

I liked another day a lot meself but nowt much to write home about I agree...."lyrics from the Gallagher school of writing, school motto will this do?" was what a reviewer said about it....lol....too true sadly..
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:31 am

So their site's been updated and a new album is due out in Spring.
Now that I've slowly grown to like the first one, I'm really anticipating this next one. I Hope it has something new to offer though.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby HadjiQuest » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:19 pm

I know I should ask in the Manchester v Cancer thread, but has anyone heard the new songs Sparks of Life and Denial Denial?

I hope they don't suck.
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby Still Ill » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:55 pm

Hi Matt, I sure hope we don't have to wait long. At this rate, we'll probably hear those songs when the concert DVD is released. Nothing floating around on the net then, eh? I probably know the answer to that already.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby boro_matt » Sun May 13, 2007 9:29 pm

If you still have not heard the two new songs you can download the whole Marr set from Manchester V Cancer on the forums of my johnny Marr fansite here:

<a href="http://downonthecorner.proboards105.com/index.cgi" target="_blank">http://downonthecorner.proboards105.com/index.cgi</a>

you may have to join up to the forum's first

you can visit the site here if you are interested

<a href="http://down-on-the-corner.tripod.com" target="_blank">http://down-on-the-corner.tripod.com</a>
Last edited by boro_matt on Sat May 19, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://down-on-the-corner.tripod.com" target="_blank">http://down-on-the-corner.tripod.com</a>

Down On The Corner A Johnny Marr And The Healers Fansite
boro_matt

Return to Johnny Marr