Johnny pics from Saturdays Manchester v cancer do

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:12 pm

a lot are a tad blurred but these are image captures off dvd so there you have been warned! <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo--> The close-ups are taken from the big screen fyi.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:15 pm

a few more

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:20 pm

not many to go...

goodnight & thank you

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:22 pm

Thanks Grim for the pictures. I've been searching around for reviews of the gig, but I guess it's fairly soon. I love the picture of Andy looking over at Johnny with a smile.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Boywiththethorninhisside » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:23 pm

Brilliant work. It's nice to see that they seem to be getting on. People often speak of what a great duo band leaders are, i.e. Morrissey/Marr, Jagger/Richards etc, but rarely do they realise when such a magical guitar/bass pairing come together. Marr and Rourke really knew how to play together, nobody else could have made the Smiths as special as they did, creating the melodic backdrop to Morrissey's voice.

Nice Rickenbacker 370 and Telecaster!
Last edited by Boywiththethorninhisside on Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->www.myspace.com/gesekki<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Boywiththethorninhisside
Regular

Postby mozza » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:37 pm

Heres was my piss-poor attempt of snapping him:

[attachmentid=95]

For the other shots some gookish-looking M.E.N security guys bald head was in the way. :huh:

Me mates dad who works there, says there`ll be releasing a DVD, is it true?
Your the one for me swamp-donkey
mozza

Postby Grim O'Grady » Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:59 pm

says on the <a href="http://www.manchestervcancer.co.uk/" target="_blank">Webpage</a> that it should be out around summer?

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby mozza » Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:40 pm

Good news.

Im chuffed I`ll be able to re-live those moments ... especially the bit where Shaun Ryders high as kite on stage and chunters away to the fairies.
Your the one for me swamp-donkey
mozza

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 am

We've got the Electrician in at the mo' so we've gorra shift loads of stuff out of the way, I've just found the programme to the Manc v Cancer gig (amongst numerous other bits n bats), will I ever find it again now though has it's bagged & shedded.

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:03 pm

Boywiththethorninhisside wrote:Brilliant work. It's nice to see that they seem to be getting on. People often speak of what a great duo band leaders are, i.e. Morrissey/Marr, Jagger/Richards etc, but rarely do they realise when such a magical guitar/bass pairing come together. Marr and Rourke really knew how to play together, nobody else could have made the Smiths as special as they did, creating the melodic backdrop to Morrissey's voice.

Nice Rickenbacker 370 and Telecaster!

are you deliberately not mentioning Mike Joyce or by accident? :unsure: :)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Johnny Marr