Johnny article in the Idependent UK

For all he has done since The Smiths.

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:10 am

<a href='http://enjoyment.independent.co.uk/music/features/article347296.ece' target='_blank'>Johnny</a> in todays paper, I'll scan pics later when I get the chance.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Thank you Grim!
I caught the last sentences made by Johnny as I was printing it out to read. Woah. Can't wait to read the rest.

Does anyone keep a scrapbook of Smiths stuff? I'm sure like most of us it's made up of bookmarks. I wish I'd started one long ago. <!--emo&:doh:-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:55 pm

not quite a scrapbook but I've collected magazine/paper reviews/articles etc along the way.
It's an interesting article & Johnny is ace as ever eh?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:49 am

Mozzersgirl on M-solo posted the nicest insight into the story, you probably read that. Johnny very vividly describes some nice memories, the part (as also mentioned on another post) where he describes himself and Moz 2 feet apart creating music together. It was one of the most riveting articles I've read on him in a while. Oh why do people slag dear Johnny?!
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Still Ill+Feb 25 2006, 09:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Still Ill @ Feb 25 2006, 09:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Oh why do people slag dear Johnny?! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
No fucking idea...he's such a great guy, I am a big fan of his.
And the article was really nice, it kinda sumarizes what he's been saying in other interviews through the years, as in 'let's put it in a nutshell', it was a good read.
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Domestique » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:56 pm

I have so much time for Johnny. I love the way when he's interviewed he enthuses about music like a real fan; somebody you might meet at a gig or in a pub. Top lad <!--emo&:B-->Image<!--endemo-->

I'd imagine it must be quite frustrating for him though, as a musician, to think that he'll probably be remembered for doing all his best work before his mid 20s. But hey, it's not too late you know...
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/Sucrose/?chartstyle=basicrt10" target="_blank"> Image </a>
Domestique
Smiths Nut!

Return to Johnny Marr