Andy comes to Northern Ireland

What have the rhythm section been up to since The Smiths?

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:45 pm

26/12/2006: Andy Rourke DJ set at the Empire, Botanic Avenue, Belfast

Superb!! I live less than 5 minutes walking from that bar... it's practically my backyard. This is amazing! I will be present of course, not that I like DJ sets usually but for once a living legend visits this little country I have to be there :D Did anyone before attended his DJ sets, is it any good?
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:10 pm

I have. A couple of years agoI saw him and Mike do a set the same night a Smiths tribute band played. It was a small venue, literally you could stand in front of the booth and watch them. Mike was always the lively one, even joined us on the dancefloor. Andy was a little more reserved, stayed pretty much inside the booth. But got my t-shirt signed by both. :D I think you'll have fun! Is it just Andy and not someone else DJ'ing with him? Even so, have fun!
Last edited by Still Ill on Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:12 pm

There's another act but I don't know them exactly (cannot even remember the name). Andy's the main act though, there's even pamflets distributed in the city to announce Rourke's DJ set!

Would he find it pathetic/teenage-esque if I'd ask to sign my Smiths CD's? :ph34r: I should be well past that phase at my age, but... I'm not :unsure:
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby irishbloodirishheart » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:51 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:
Would he find it pathetic/teenage-esque if I'd ask to sign my Smiths CD's? :ph34r: I should be well past that phase at my age, but... I'm not :unsure:

i would go for it.... not often you get a chance to meet a member of (in my humble opinion) the most influential band ever. anyway, im sure hes used to it....

xxx
irishbloodirishheart
Advanced

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:23 pm

Guess that makes sense. :)

You should come as well Louise, Belfast is only an hour away from Dundalk!!

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:44 pm

Cracked Pleasures wrote:Would he find it pathetic/teenage-esque if I'd ask to sign my Smiths CD's? :ph34r: I should be well past that phase at my age, but... I'm not :unsure:

Uh, no! I wonder what that would make me! Him and Mike signed the DIY shirt I was wearing!
Wish I had thought to bring any CDs on hand that night.
[attachmentid=158]
Last edited by Still Ill on Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:57 pm

Nice party yesterday. He played several Moz and Smiths songs, got the crowd going with a few dances on stage, and took the time for playing some requests. Lot of very pretty female Smiths fans in the crowd, good music including my beloved Echo & The Bunnymen, exchanging a few words with a living legend, what does one want more? And yes, I have his signature! B)

By the way, ever heard Eminem's "Without Me" on the tone of "This Charming Man"? Andy did that, and god that sounded bizarre! Somehow though Eminem's raps suited the tones of the song, very bizarre but in a weird way it was a pleasant bizarrity. Although I was glad he in the end dropped Eminem's vocals and let us hear the regular Smiths song.

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Return to Rourke and Joyce