My science teacher

What have the rhythm section been up to since The Smiths?

Postby Bref » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:24 pm

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They'll soon be the best thing sincle Elvis impersonators.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lets hope so 'cos Elivis' days are numbered:

<a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-2137647,00.html" target="_blank">bye bye Elvis impersonators</a>
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby atomium » Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:08 pm

miserableliar wrote:<!--quoteo(post=25331:date=Apr 23 2006, 11:14 PM:name=stanye west)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stanye west @ Apr 23 2006, 11:14 PM) [snapback]25331[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'll try, but it's illegal init.
:huh: :blink: :o How is it illegal?

Seriously, I wouldn't have thought so.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, you can't have pictures of teachers on your phone. They can lose their job over it, although I suppose if he DID lose his job he could always be an Andy Rourke impersonator. They'll soon be the best thing sincle Elvis impersonators.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Huh? Are you serious? Can teachers loose their jobs if they let students take pictures of them? I don’t think it’s so strict here in Norway..
atomium
Supreme

Postby Disco_dancer_in_a_coma » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:46 pm

It is by no means illegal (at least not in the States) for a teacher to allow a student to take a photograph of them, or vice versa, so long as no lines of decorum and appropriateness are crossed. I don't really understand why that would be illegal???

I do, however, think it would be a bad idea to post a picture of an acquaintance, teacher or otherwise, on an internet forum without his or her premission.
Disco_dancer_in_a_coma
Regular

Postby atomium » Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:36 pm

Disco_dancer_in_a_coma wrote:It is by no means illegal (at least not in the States) for a teacher to allow a student to take a photograph of them, or vice versa, so long as no lines of decorum and appropriateness are crossed. I don't really understand why that would be illegal???

I do, however, think it would be a bad idea to post a picture of an acquaintance, teacher or otherwise, on an internet forum without his or her premission.

Yeah, it’s best to ask the teacher before posting a picture of him on the net. But what would you say to the teacher when asking? Something like: “Hi, I’ve been meaning to ask you something. I’m a huge fan of The Smiths, you know the band, and I’m a member at a Smiths forum on the net, and I was thinking that I could post a picture of you there…Because you look a lot like the bass player, and the rest of the members would like to see who much your resemblance to Rourke is. Please?” :rolleyes:

Anto -
atomium
Supreme

Postby Disco_dancer_in_a_coma » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:37 pm

Sounds totally reasonable. Snort! :D

I readily admit that my line of work causes me to be a bit paranoid and to overthink things. :D
Disco_dancer_in_a_coma
Regular

Postby atomium » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:56 am

Disco_dancer_in_a_coma wrote:Sounds totally reasonable. Snort! :D

I readily admit that my line of work causes me to be a bit paranoid and to overthink things. :D

Not paranoid at all, my friend!

I remember three years back when I and a friend of mine were obsessed by teachers (Still ashamed of that period)…once we took a camera with us, and when we had our lunch brake, we ran after the teachers when they walked in the halls, taking their photos…We even made an album “Welcome to the circus”…I can’t believe I ran after the teachers, taking their photos, singing songs to them, asking them all kinds of questions…And I was even sober when I did it, I mean – if I’d had a few drinks then I could have said ‘ I would never have done such a thing I was sober”…But then again, I think I would have been in much more trouble if I was caught drinking at school.

Ergo, I shouldn’t be embarrassed at all, in fact I should be proud that I didn’t make things worse for myself. Great thinking Anto…Well, thanks! :D

Anto -
atomium
Supreme

Previous

Return to Rourke and Joyce