Joyce

What have the rhythm section been up to since The Smiths?

Postby elko » Sun May 23, 2004 6:33 pm

What do you think about the whole 1996 court case?
Rourke settled out of court, but Joyce went on to win his case, in which he successfully claimed that he deserved more than the 10% he was getting.
Morrissey in a TV interview said he wished Joyce 'the very worst for the future'.
What do you think?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue May 25, 2004 4:46 pm

Very sensitive case to all involved. I think Joyce and Rourke should have been entitled to more. What 'more' is, I cannot say. Marr and Morrissey definitely deserved more than Joyce and Rourke, but it still seems skewed, whatever arrangement they may have had. Having said that, there are still some burning questions that Marr posed in the recent Word interview that are fair to ask. Very interesting. I can't imagine it was easy for Joyce to push on with the case. Must have torn him up, I think. As for Morrissey, I can't blame him for feeling the way he does, though it's unfortunate the awful things he says about Joyce and the case. Quite unncessary to wish the worst, etc etc., (I wonder what Morrissey's net worth is?) But who am I to say.

Please check out the post from Morrissey-Solo's general forum dated May 14 titled Word 5 that Uncleskinny scanned. Couldn't link it to here. Actually all of the posts from Mojo and Word that he scanned made for some great reading! But Marr rants about the case in the Word 5 post.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue May 25, 2004 5:49 pm

Can't you link it here?

Anyway, I'm not all that sure whether Joyce and Rourke deserved more, after all there is no denying who the geniuses. I think the problem was that they never agrred to iton paper.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue May 25, 2004 8:57 pm

You know, I tried, but unfortunately the post didn't have a link to the page. I'm going to try something...

<a href='http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;read=168142' target='_blank'>http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/inde...mes;read=168142</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue May 25, 2004 9:02 pm

Okay, sometimes I DO amaze myself. <!--emo&-_--->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed May 26, 2004 11:59 am

Thanks, that was really interesting to read.

elko
elko
Site Admin

Return to Rourke and Joyce