ROURKE JOYCE AND GANNON TO PLAY MANCHESTER

What have the rhythm section been up to since The Smiths?

Postby Lady Penelope » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:44 pm

<span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>
Mike Joyce, Andy Rourke and Craig Gannon will be onstage this Friday night with VINNY PECULIAR to celebrate the launch of their single TWO FAT LOVERS. This gig has been tipped to be a big night. It is taking place at the Bier Keller in Manchester. FRIDAY 17TH JUNE. Get down early to avoid disappointment. I can't wait!!!!!! I hope all you Smiths fans will be there in force.</span></span></span>
Last edited by Lady Penelope on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady Penelope

Postby elko » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:15 pm

Welcome to the forum, do introduce yourself when you get a moment.

I've moved this to the Rourke and Joyce forum as it seemed more suited.
elko
Site Admin

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:46 am

ARGH

i want to go! but i'm seeing rem that day!

*explodes in annoyance*
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:06 pm

So Andy's left Vinny's band. Maybe he enjoys the DJ circuit more. And I haven't heard the new single yet. Anyone?

This is a nice pic of Mike jamming on the drums <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:48 pm

Whoa, that's news to me. Bet Mike feels dead lonely now <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

Maybe Andy's got a full-time career in guitar tuition.
elko
Site Admin

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:16 am

long over-due gig review
Sorry

the bier keller (Manchester) a small venue & the stage is about 1 foot off the ground. It was hot, sweaty, dark, intimate.
They played for an hour, the sound wasn't brilliant, they played just V.P. songs but the 3 X-Smiths played their parts well, Joycey appeared to be having a laugh, Rourkie & Gannon appeared to be concentrating on their instruments mainly. I think they wanted to let VP take centre stage. 'Jesus Stole My Girlfriend' got a good cheer (but mainly from me) whoops. I don't think gig reviewing is my forte eh?
They all looked good but the pics have been posted.

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:36 pm

<!--emo&:D-->Image<!--endemo--> Thanks Grim. Led me to look for a review of that same gig. This is what I found, for anyone interested:
<a href='http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/entertainment/music/livereviews/s/163/163318_vinny_peculiar__bierkeller.html' target='_blank'>Manchester Online review</a>
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:39 pm

my review & that real one wern't a million miles apart in the end eh? <!--emo&:P-->Image<!--endemo-->

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:22 am

<!--QuoteBegin-Grim O'Grady+Sep 7 2005, 10:16 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grim O'Grady @ Sep 7 2005, 10:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> 3 X-Smiths played their parts well, Joycey appeared to be having a laugh, Rourkie & Gannon appeared to be concentrating on their instruments mainly. I think they wanted to let VP take centre stage. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Summed up the same way--I didn't point that out, did I! Performance aside, I assume you like Vinny's music?
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:08 pm

like Vinnys music hmmn? Well I've got some of his stuff but if it hadn't been for the fact he's used 3 of The Smiths then I don't think I would have bought it tbh!
I've not played any of it since that night & I only re-watched some of the gig to remind me of it for the review. 'Jesus stole my girlfriend' track is my fav.

love

Grim

Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:21 pm

Well, I bet a lot of the new fans are thinking the same. I did hear them perform on Janice Long's show a while back and I remembered liking their sound. His songs are supposed to have some interesting lyrics. Might just have to break down and buy the new record and take my chances.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Return to Rourke and Joyce