Marr and Rourke

What have the rhythm section been up to since The Smiths?

Postby HandsomeDevil » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:45 am

So apparently Johnny Marr will be playing at a gig organised by Andy Rourke in aid of cancer benefit

I guess the fact that they are talking is a good thing.
reunion?....bleh
<a href='http://www.greatnorthern.uk.com/audio.html' target='_blank'>Marr and Rourke</a>

And heres a cool pic
<a href='http://www.manchestervcancer.co.uk/home.asp' target='_blank'>Marr and Rourke pic</a>
Last edited by HandsomeDevil on Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:26 am

They look rather solemn- though I suppose smiling on an anti-cancer website would be rather unfitting
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:29 am

Johnny looks like a Thunderbird!
elko
Site Admin

Postby Still Ill » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:45 am

There's something spine-tingling about seeing them there together. And it's by far the best picture of Andy I've seen in ages!

Thunderbird? What the jacket? <!--emo&:huh:-->Image<!--endemo--> Johnny's hair looks too set.

Really I'm not complaining. They should be making headlines in music everywhere in the UK, all for a good cause, too.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby Chorlton_Ruffian » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:46 pm

Brilliant. I didn't think Marr was involved.

The local Manc paper had a bit about this, with a glaring mistake:

''It will be the first time the two have played together since the group split on bad terms in 1998''

<!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<div align="center">Image</div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
Chorlton_Ruffian
Supreme

Postby HadjiQuest » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:36 pm

I wonder if they'll be joined by a third Smith...

Do Joyce and Rourke still work together?
HadjiQuest
Supreme

Postby Pashernate_Lover » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:16 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-Chorlton_Ruffian+Dec 13 2005, 05:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chorlton_Ruffian @ Dec 13 2005, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Brilliant. I didn't think Marr was involved.

The local Manc paper had a bit about this, with a glaring mistake:

''It will be the first time the two have played together since the group split on bad terms in 1998''

<!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo--> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
EXCELLENT!!! *giggle* 1998....aaah, such a long time for the Smiths to have been split up... why, I was barely born then!
A note upon his desk
"P.S. Bring Me Home And Have Me!"
Leather elbows on a tweed coat
-Oh!-
Is THAT the best you can do ?
So came his reply :
"But on the desk is where I want you!"
Pashernate_Lover
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:52 pm

Oooooooo, I've got shivers, I feel a reunion coming on!
Although I hate to be negative, it'll never happen, Morrissey would never go back, no matter how much Nutroast they send him for christmas!
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:15 am

Andy looks very cool.
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Beorn_J » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:53 am

or have I missed the lengthy discussion on it?

<a href='http://musicnews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifestyle/Music/virginMusicNewsDetail/0,13556,924040_music,00.html' target='_blank'>http://musicnews.virgin.net/Virgin/Lifesty...0_music,00.html</a>
Beorn_J
Supreme

Postby Chorlton_Ruffian » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:31 am

It's been known for months. A bit of a non story to be honest.

What a ridiculous headline too, on the frontpage of msn.co.uk 'Smiths reunite without Morrissey' - well it's not the bloody Smiths then is it! <!--emo&:rolleyes:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<div align="center">Image</div>
<div align="center"><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"I would rather eat my own testicles than reform The Smiths, and that's saying something for a vegetarian."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></div>
Chorlton_Ruffian
Supreme

Postby Grim O'Grady » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:41 am

I thought it had been discussed somewhere on this forum, anyhoo GU & I have our tickets sorted so we'll see you there. Anyone else from here get there tickets?
It ought to be relocated to the Andy Rourke thread tbh has he's the main bloke behind it all, any speculation has to what songs they will play?
There is a light must be a cert?

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:26 pm

I wouldn't really say it was huge news, although it can only be a good thing for the two of them and the Smiths public image.

By the way I'm offering 50/1 on Morrissey turning up- any takers?
elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:27 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-elko+Jan 3 2006, 12:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (elko @ Jan 3 2006, 12:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I wouldn't really say it was huge news, although it can only be a good thing for the two of them and the Smiths public image.

By the way I'm offering 50/1 on Morrissey turning up- any takers? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
I can see it now.......Johnny and Andy play 'There is a light....' then Morrissey looks up at the stars for guidance and he runs on stage and.......
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:59 pm

I don't think they'd play 'There is a Light', simply because Morrissey played it on his tour. I'd like to be wrong though.

Yeah, this is definitely Andy's shining hour, should be under his thread. May try to move it without screwing the threads up.
Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Rourke and Joyce