[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Right now...

Right now...

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby elko » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:44 am

Of course, he does actually have a van.
elko
Site Admin

Postby elko » Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:57 am

Four, sadly, although our car did start billowing steam this morning! And our house is full of faulty electrical goods, if it helps any.
elko
Site Admin

Postby elko » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:26 am

The part that the car fixer-upper man took out, or something...
Last edited by elko on Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby reclamation » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:06 am

Pride & Fall - December.
[size=1]Slytherin pride/size]
reclamation
Supreme

Postby tallulahtaurus » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:11 pm

I am listening to the beautiful Pantomime Horse by Suede - am obsessed!!
incidentally I have been called a magpie for my uncannyability to root out shiny/sparkley things - clothes mostly tho, no valuables, Doh!

Bristols answer to Del boy <!--emo&:lol:-->Image<!--endemo-->
<span style='color:purple'>Romantic and square is hip and aware - J.M.

Talent borrows genius steals

Gasping dying but somehow still alive this is the fierce last stand of all I am</span>
tallulahtaurus
Smiths Nut!

Postby girl_afraid » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:46 pm

Oh, Pantomime Horse is one of my favourites! I accidentally downloaded an entire concert of theirs earlier (I thought I was just getting a normal promo vid...) and Pantomime Horse sounds absolutely beautiful live.

I'm also listening to Suede actually, Beautiful Ones.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:14 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm also listening to Suede actually, Beautiful Ones. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I love this song - it is indeed a beautiful one! Animal Nitrate still remains my favourite Suede song.

And I am now listening to some songs by Matchbox 20 that I just downloaded - I kinda like the voice of thier singer Rob Thomas - the tracks sound okay for now, maybe I'll like them even more when I spend more time with them <!--emo&;)-->Image<!--endemo-->
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:59 pm

Right now I'm listening to something I wrote and recorded today - suprisingly good quality considering I recorded it with a webcam (with a crappy mic) suspended over my crappy amp, the distortion sounds great. I do have words to it as well, but in Morrissey-esque fashion I couldn't record them cause my mum was upstairs.
elko
Site Admin

Postby rubygirl » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:40 pm

Cool thing - making your own music! I hold very high respect for people who are creative and play an instrument. Actually, all the people I admire have something to do with art. Some time ago my colleagues and I were asked to fill in a career choice invetory. One of the questions was: Name the professions you find most attractive - and I went like, 1) musician, 2) actor, 3) designer. And my colleagues stared at me and said: "But then what are you doing here, how come you have become a psychologist?" It was funny... the thing is I don't have any creative talents, so all I can do is admire those who have.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:49 pm

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jan 29 2005, 12:40 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jan 29 2005, 12:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Cool thing - making your own music! I hold very high respect for people who are creative and play an instrument. Actually, all the people I admire have something to do with art. Some time ago my colleagues and I were asked to fill in a career choice invetory. One of the questions was: Name the professions you find most attractive - and I went like, 1) musician, 2) actor, 3) designer. And my colleagues stared at me and said: "But then what are you doing here, how come you have become a psychologist?" It was funny... the thing is I don't have any creative talents, so all I can do is admire those who have. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
It's nothing great - I'm trying to make something to put on the first label comp planned, it's hard to judge your own work against others', and I really don't want to overestimate myself.

Out of interest, why have you become a psychologist?
elko
Site Admin

Postby reclamation » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:35 am

Wumpscut - Wreath of Barbs.
reclamation
Supreme

Postby girl_afraid » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:48 am

<!--QuoteBegin-rubygirl+Jan 28 2005, 10:13 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rubygirl @ Jan 28 2005, 10:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Animal Nitrate still remains my favourite Suede song. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
Oh, Animal Nitrate is such an amazing song, that's got to be one of my favourite Suede songs and probably one of my favourites in general. Franz Ferdinand really remind me of debut-era Suede, it's strange how they never list Suede as an influence when they have the same kind of rock/dance feel... Suede are better though. Or were.

I'm listening to Bunnyranch by Adam Green, in preparation for the concert next week. This song is so random, it's really quite funny.
<a href='http://www.livejournal.com/users/fishnet_monkey/' target='_blank'>-click-</a>

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, it owes me a living
But ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
Oh, ask me why and I'll spit in your eye
But we cannot cling to the old dreams anymore
No, we cannot cling to those dreams
Does the body rule the mind or does the mind rule the body?
I dunno...
Under the iron bridge we kissed
And although I ended up with sore lips
It just wasn't like the old days anymore
No, it wasn't like those days
Am I still ill...?
girl_afraid
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alabaster Crashes Down » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:46 pm

its strange, i love all other suede songs, but i dislkie animal nitrate and always have. it doesnt grab me...

also with the smiths, ive never really liked 'how soon is now' finding it very tedious.
Alabaster Crashes Down
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sun Jan 30, 2005 6:32 pm

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->also with the smiths, ive never really liked 'how soon is now' finding it very tedious. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd--> <!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->its strange, i love all other suede songs, but i dislkie animal nitrate and always have. it doesnt grab me...<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, tastes vary - that's what makes people special and unique - me thinks.

<!--QuoteBegin--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->It's nothing great - I'm trying to make something to put on the first label comp planned, it's hard to judge your own work against others', and I really don't want to overestimate myself.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Surely one is not a proper judge of their own work and things cannot be great right from the start, but I believe that creating something new - something specificly yours - is a very fulfilling experience.
As for me,Elko,
I became a psychologist because I am interested in human behaviour, the inner mechanisms that determine what we are - things like that have been of great interest to me for a long time, so at about the age of 15 I made the choice to study psychology and didn't even consider other options. I am not so certain of that choice now - maybe I've changed through the years and maybe my work right now is too hard and that discourages me at times...I don't know. But still there's way too much for me to learn about psychology so that keeps me interested and motivated.
And what about you - how did you become involved with music?
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby reclamation » Sun Jan 30, 2005 7:18 pm

Velvet Acid Christ - Phucking Phreak [sic]
reclamation
Supreme

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat