[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Songs with great intros

Songs with great intros

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:39 am

Cherub Rock - The Smashing Pumpkins
Where Boys Fear To Tread - The Smashing Pumpkins
Sweet Child O Mine - Guns 'n' Roses
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
Hand In Glove - The Smiths
This Charming Man - The Smiths
Thunderstruck - AC/DC
Hells Bells - AC/DC
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
The Dead Heart - Midnight Oil
King Of The Mountain - Midnight Oil
The National Anthem - Radiohead
First Of The Gang To Die - Morrissey
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
Glass - Joy Division
A Forest - The Cure
Street Hassle - Lou Reed
Town Called Malice - The Jam
Motorcycle Emptiness - Manic Sreet Preachers
Iron Man - Black Sabbath
Go With The Flow - QOTSA

What are some of yours?
<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby TheLuckIveHad » Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:35 am

So Real-Jeff Buckley
The Bitter End,Taste In Men-Placebo
See You Soon-Coldplay
Hold On to Your Friends-Morrissey
Still Ill,Handsome Devil-The Smiths
Homesick, Disintigration, Fasicination Street-The Cure
True Faith-New Order
Bring It On Down, Slide Away-Oasis
Like Spinning Plates(live),You,My Iron Lung,There There,I Might Be Wrong,Airbag-Radiohead(you get the idea)
I Wanna Be Adored-The Stone Roses
Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve
New Years Day-U2
and just about any and every song by Muse
I'll Never Make That Mistake Again.
TheLuckIveHad
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:26 pm

Good topic.

My list:

ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Crocodiles
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Show of strength
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - With a hip
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Never stop
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - The killing moon (maybe the best one of them all, sounds so mysterious and dark)
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Ocean rain (love how the sound crawls into the song silently)
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - Just a touch away
ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - All my colours
THE SMITHS - How soon is now?
THE SMITHS - Some girls are bigger than others (genius intro by Marr, with the sound fading and coming up again)
PLACEBO - Slave to the wage
PLACEBO - Pure morning (album version) (love how the sound slowly starts up)
PLACEBO - Without you I'm nothing
PLACEBO - Burger queen francais
THE WHO - Baba O'Reily (that fiddle sounds so Irish)
BAUHAUS - The passion of lovers
BAUHAUS - Burning from the inside (that long monotone intro by Daniel Ash is pure genius)
BAUHAUS - Hollow hills (intro done by striking the guitar strings like a violin, with a stick)
BAUHAUS - Bela Lugosi's dead (classic gothness)
THE CURE - A forest
THE CURE - Fascination Street
SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEES - Israel
SISTERS OF MERCY - Marian
SILKE BISCHOFF - On the other side I'll see you again
SILKE BISCHOFF - The church-bells and the razorblades
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - The masses against the classes (brilliant quote)
MANIC STREET PREACHERS - A design for life
INDOCHINE - Paradize (best synth intro ever?)
INDOCHINE - L'aventurier
INDOCHINE - Comateen I (love that threatening oriental sound)
MUSE - Hysteria
MUSE - Butterflies and hurricanes (love how the sound slowly crawls in)
THE DAMNED - New rose (best drum solo ever)
THE BEATLES - Helter skelter
JOY DIVISION - Love will tear us apart
JOY DIVISION - Transmission
THE LEVELLERS - 15 years (Irish !)
THE LEVELLERS - Liberty song
U2 - Where the streets have no name
U2 - Vertigo
U2 - The unforgettable fire
BLACK SABBATH - Sabbath bloody sabbath
BLACK SABBATH - Iron man
BLACK SABBATH - Paranoid
SOPOR AETERNUS & THE ENSEMBLE OF SHADOWS - Tales from the inverted womb (pure horror, love the medieval sound)
SOPOR AETERNUS & THE ENSEMBLE OF SHADOWS - Something wicked this way comes
NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS - Song of Joy
MOTORHEAD - Ace of spades

Best one ever: ECHO & THE BUNNYMEN - The Killing Moon
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:37 pm

Last edited by Miserable Liar on Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:40 pm

elko
Site Admin

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:58 pm

elizabeth on the bathroom floor by the eels!
only really thought of this cause i'm listening to it now. it's very haunting. makes me quite depressed actually but it's beautiful.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:09 pm

How could I forget?! Yes, it's quite an eerie. Creeps me out in some sort of beautiful way.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby HandsomeDevil » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:33 pm

The Smiths - The Headmaster Ritual
QOTSA - No one Knows
Foo Fighters - All My Life
Nirvana - Come As You Are
Oasis - Supersonic
Sex Pistols - Anarchy In The UK
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock
HandsomeDevil
Supreme

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:39 pm

Last edited by Cracked Pleasures on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:08 pm

Last edited by Miserable Liar on Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:01 pm

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:05 pm

Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:28 pm

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:48 pm

How could I forget, probably the best of them all 'The Fallen' by Franz Ferdinand. It goes 'neeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' like a pair of headclippers then into a kick-ass guitar intro then the drums move in.

Genius dude.
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:56 pm

Velvet Underground - I'll be your mirror
Faithless - Insomnia (single version, with that long threatening-sounding intro)
The Damned - Street of Dreams

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Next

Return to Music Chat