[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - What do you like to sing?

What do you like to sing?

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby rubygirl » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:13 am

Hey, people, I have been wondering - do you like to sing - and most of all,
what do you like to sing?

I mean all kinds of singing - in the shower, sing-along...etc :P

For me, I have noticed there are certain tracks I like to sing much more than others, tjough they might not be exactly my top favourites -
like:

Your Woman - by White Town (watch the vid <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=BoAS1cvQzwI&search=your%20woman%20white%20town%20" target="_blank">here</a>

Baker Street - Gerry Rafferty

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk - Rufus Wainwright
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:23 am

great thread!

Gerry Rafferty?! truly!! how utterly cool, i love his music. i prefer to sing "stuck in the middle with you."

Johnny Cash can be heard from my shower on a regular basis, he's my fav to sing.
chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am

Oh, there's so much! Stuff gets stuck in my head all the time, and I have to sing it out, or that's my excuse. And it's always stuff that's really difficult to sing as well, much to the chagrin of those around me. Recently it's been that song by Coldplay, I think it's called 'What If', and I only know one line. "What if you were to decide, that you don't want me here by your side" - I'm singing it now.... :ph34r:
Last edited by elko on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
elko
Site Admin

Postby shoeless child » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:14 pm

I always find myself singing "what she said". One time I was home by myself and I was singing it really loudly and then I realized that the window was open and my next-door neighbor was staring at me. Now I make sure to close all the windows before I start singing.
shoeless child
Supreme

Postby scavenger » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:35 pm

Oh, but don't mention love
I'd hate the pain of the strain all over again
A rush and a push and the land that
We stand on is ours
It has been before
So why can't it be now?
And people who are weaker than you or I
They take what they want from life
scavenger
Supreme

Postby Heart and Soul » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:52 pm

I've been know to sing "I Know It's Over" in the shower.
Heart and Soul
Supreme

Postby clarky » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:07 pm

the rolling stones-honky tonk women
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:22 pm

Today I remembered I love to sing
To The Moon And Back by Savage Garden - today they played it while I was at the gym - and I did quite a fair deal of mumbling beneath my nose :P

If love was red then she was colour-blind
All her friends they've been tried for treason
And crimes that were never defined

just love to sing along to this
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby chicken » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:35 pm

chicken
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:15 am

Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby The Boy with a thorn in his side » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:15 am

Any Belle & Sebastian song, but particularly Get Me Away From Here, I'm Dying and Piazza, New York Catcher

[EDIT] - Jonathon David is a favourite too, especially

"and she'll smiiiiile for you,
she'll hold your hand,
you'll be in love, there's no other way...
and I will make it someday"

They played it the other week :)
Last edited by The Boy with a thorn in his side on Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
<a href="http://www.last.fm/user/edcallow/" target="_blank">.</a>
The Boy with a thorn in his side
Smiths Nut!

Postby clarky » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:33 pm

probably the lighting seeds three lios 98.....although it will be about 2 years or so till it matters
clarky
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat