[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Food & drink in music

Food & drink in music

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Lorimoz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:23 pm

*) I am bored
**) I have too much time on my hand
***) I love food
****) ........who cares ?

Anyway, how about a thread with FOOD & DRINK from songs ?

ie: " Has the PERRIER gone straight to my head ? " ( I won't share you )

I will start with a double entry from Mozza but the songs can be anyone's.

"CHIPS WITH CREAM for the last time" & " CORNED BEEF legs for the..." ( Pregnant for the..)

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:01 pm

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lorimoz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:37 pm

"I dont want to be your glass of single malt whiskey..." ( Not the doctor - Alanis M )

" Make us our favourite jam ...." ( Nobody loves us - THE MOZ )

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:40 pm

"Pump up the JAM" - Technotronic

"Crying when I empty my last bottle of CHABLIS, I'll survive the winter of Paris" (from A La Plage De St-Tropez - Army Of Lovers)

"like a chic-a-cherry COLA" (I Want You - Savage Garden)

"we'll drink TEQUILA and look for seashelves, now doesn't that sound sweet?" (Jessie - Joshua Kadison)

"he didn't wear his scarlet rope for blood and WINE are red, and blood and WINE were on his hands when they found him with the dead" (Theme For Thought - The Virgin Prunes)

"waiting for a sign to turn blood into WINE, the sweet taste in your mouth turns bitter in its glass" (Israel - Siouxsie & The Banshees)

"and he just smiled and gave me a VEGGIEMITE SANDWICH" (Down Under - Men At Work)

"he could be working at BURGER king, spitting on your ONION RINGS" (The Real Slim Shady - Eminem)

"get up, eat JELLY, SANDWICH wars and barbed wire" (All We Ever Wanted Was Everything - Bauhaus)

"ich sitze am Tresen, drinke noch 'nen BIER" (Verdammt Ich Lieb Dich - Matthias Reim :D )

"CHICKEN CHOW MEIN and CHOP SUEY, Hong Kong Garden take-away" (Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie & The Banshees)
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:40 pm

"love is a banquet on which we feed" - Patti Smith ("because the night").
and of course, The Jam :D

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Lorimoz » Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:02 pm

" Red, red WINE " - UB40

" a champagne supernova in the sky..." - OASIS
Last edited by Lorimoz on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobody loves us
Lorimoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Alex » Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:02 am

Alex
Smiths Nut!

Postby Shakespeare's Sister » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:42 am

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:2--><span style="font-size:10pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Well I'm not listening no more<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Shakespeare's Sister
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:54 pm

peaches - the stranglers.
I put in the money and pull out a plum
I've a little money and a take away curry
the wine will be flat & the curry's gone cold
(down in the tubestation at midnight) - the jam

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:21 pm

as for band names:

in Belgium, we have a band called Lemon and another band called Milk Inc.

There's of course the notorious Smashing Pumpkins, and then there's BANANArama.

Australia has the Vines.

There's the electropunk (guess that's the best term) singer Peaches.

There's Neneh and Eagle-Eye CHERRY :D

then some more songs and albums:

APPLEjack - Dolly Parton

OYSTER (album title) - Heather Nova

SeaFOOD (album title) - Eden

Wake up and smell the COFFEE (album title) - The Cranberries

Blood SUGAR Sex Magik (album title) - Red Hot Chili Peppers

who did that song again "Heard it through the GRAPE-VINE" (two sorts of food/drink in 1 word, who does better? :D )

Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:40 pm

Funky Cold Medina - Tone Loc

No MILK Today - Herman's Hermits

EAT It - Weird Al yankovich - it's al about food, just hear this great parody of Michael Jackson's Beat It! - and watch!

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=cNUX1qwo02g&search=weird%20al%20eat%20it" target="_blank">eat it</a>
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby helmoz » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:25 pm

helmoz
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:18 am

I'll protect you from the hooded claw
Keep the vampires from your door
When the chips are down I'll be around
With my undying, death-defying
Love for you
power of love - franky goes to hospital

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:37 pm

Warm Beer, Cold Women - Tom Waits

Cigarettes and CHOCOLATE MILK - Rufus Wainwright

I Eat Dinner - Kate& Anna McCarrigle
I eat dinner at the kitchen table
By the light that switches on
I eat leftovers with mashed potatoes
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!