[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Summer hits with summer feeling

Summer hits with summer feeling

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:02 pm

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:34 pm

I know what you mean with summer hits, though I do hate the Macarena...

but my faves would include:
<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=w3H8xYmhHWE&search=gina%20g%20ti%20amo" target="_blank">Gina G- Ti Amo</a>

Elize - <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=apBNOUJ7-sw&search=elize%20automatic" target="_blank">Automatic</a>
& <a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=apBNOUJ7-sw&search=elize%20automatic" target="_blank">No Latino</a>

<a href="http://youtube.com/watch?v=gEjmJPim-Pw&search=alizee%20lolita" target="_blank">Alizee - Moi Lolita</a>
Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:43 am

I like Alizée! And she actually has some more serious (less 'dancy poppy') songs as well, for example the very good ballad "Parler tout-bas"

I remember Gina G as well... that album with the 'chocolate dress' on the sleeve picture!
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:42 pm

Last edited by Bref on Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Postby Still Ill » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:38 am

Still Ill
Smiths Nut!

Postby rubygirl » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:04 pm

Color me red when I'm feeling blue.
rubygirl
Smiths Nut!

Postby Bref » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:01 pm

Here's one from pulp:

David's Last Summer

we made our way slowly down the path that led to the stream
swaying slightly, drunk on the sun, I suppose
it was a real summer's day, the air humming with heat
whilst the trees beckoned us into their cool green shade
and when we reached the stream
I put a bottle of cider into the water to chill
both of us knowing that we'd drink it long before it had the chance

this is where you want to be
there's nothing else but you and her
and how you spend your time

walking to parties whilst it's still light outside
peter was upset at first but now he's in the garden
talking to somebody polish
why don't we set up a tent and spend the night out there?
and we can pretend that we're somewhere foreign
but we'll still be able to use the fridge
if we get hungry, or too hot

and how you use your time

we went driving...

and how you use your time

the room smells faintly of sun-tan lotion
in the evening sunlight and when you take off your clothes
you're still wearing a small pale skin bikini
the sound of children playing in the park comes from far away
and time slows down to the speed of the specks of dust
floating in the light from the window

summer leaves fall from summer trees
summer grazes fade on summer knees
summer nights are slowly getting long
summer's going, so hurry, soon it'll be gone

so we went out to the park at midnight one last time
past the abandoned glass-house stuffed full of dying palms
past the bandstand down to the boating lake
and we swam in the moonlight for what seemed like hours
until we couldn't swim anymore
and as we came out of the water
we sensed a certain movement in the air
and we both shivered slightly and ran to collect our clothes
and as we walked home we could hear the leaves
curling and turning brown on the trees
and the birds deciding where to go for winter

and the whole sound, the whole sound of summer
packing its bags and preparing to leave town
oh, but I want you to stay
oh, please stay for a while
oh, I want you to stay
oh, I want you to stay

-
I love the way the song takes you through the whole of summer, from sleeping ouitside on warm nights to leaves curling and turning brown on trees
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Book Antiqua--><span style="font-family:Book Antiqua"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial Narrow--><span style="font-family:Arial Narrow"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Arial--><span style="font-family:Arial"><!--/fonto-->Half of the time we're gone but we don't know where,
we don't know where.
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
Bref
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat