[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Strangeways • View topic - Your top-5 singers with best hairdo

Your top-5 singers with best hairdo

All non-Smiths music chat goes here.

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:17 pm

What artists would you say have the best or most original haircut? You know, the sort of haircut that is almost as iconic as the music itself and which can then be copied by devote fans... :D Post pictures to illustrate!

1. IAN MCCULLOCH

Ian is the man, obviously! His haircuff up and his fuzzy hairstyle was copied by new-wave fans allthrough the eighties!

2. ROBERT SMITH

His wild hairdo defined the gothic hairstyle for males!

3. SIOUXSIE SIOUX

and she defined how all female goths used to get their hair done!

4. BRIAN MOLKO

Kinda fragile very thin hairstyle, suits the fragile look created by his make-up.

5. DAVE VANIAN

vampire-esque long black hair with a bit of grey/white locks in the middle

Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:10 pm

elko
Site Admin

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:45 pm

You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Miserable Liar » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:56 pm

1. The Beatles

You're gonna kill me, is that your plan?
Miserable Liar
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:18 pm

Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Cracked Pleasures » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:37 pm

No!!! Ian is unique, Ian is as only Ian can be! Dylan's hairdo had some similarities, but it's still different, at least I notice a difference (may be because of my impressive amount of Ian pictures and because I've seen the man live so often)

I didn't include Moz in my list because to me Morrissey's main attraction poles are his smile and his beautiful eyes. Hair-wise I'd say he's very okay but I think in the indie/postpunk world Ian's hair is unbeatable! In the early Bunnymen days lot of fans copied Ian's hairdo and put their hair up as well, that's the prove of iconic hair ; the Beatles had the same, their fans suddenly all grew their hair like the Fab Four did.

Also, although I don't like the guy's music, this hairdo must be quite unique:
[img]http://firestarter.dzaba.com/images/keith[1].jpg[/img]
Two cuffs up like the Devil's horns, with a bald stripe in between... It's original although I would not try it before an exam or job interview :P
Keep it flaming your desire, always rising higher - Aim for stars and hit the sky
(Echo & The Bunnymen - Evergreen, 1996)

Capital punishment = murder

THE PASSION OF LOVERS IS FOR DEATH (Bauhaus, 1983)
Cracked Pleasures
Smiths Nut!

Postby Truman Capote » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:08 am

Look at that hair!
Truman Capote
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:02 am

a bit contentious but

here's a few of better ones

love

Grim

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby Girl Unafraid » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:38 am

stuck in the 70's eh? well here's a few from MY era :D

and one more, hmm let me think....

Girl Unafraid
Advanced

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:43 pm

yse truman, billy's hair really is the coolest thing i've ever seen. how does he get it so smooth and shiny, oh wait that's his skin.

i'm surprised none of you have yet said david bowie in the labyrinth years (he sang in it)

sexy.
I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Postby Grim O'Grady » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:20 pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>"It was time to wise-up and get a haircut."</span>
Grim O'Grady
Smiths Nut!

Postby elko » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:53 pm

elko
Site Admin

Postby the_queen_is_dead » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:15 pm

I'm breaking through, I'm bending spoons
I'm keeping flowers in full bloom.
I'm looking for answers from the great beyond
the_queen_is_dead
Smiths Nut!

Return to Music Chat